Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Howdy from a newbie!  (Read 1124 times)

yvonnemc

Howdy from a newbie!
« on: March 03, 2020, 11:15:53 AM »

Morning all!

I've just entered this tropical stage of my life and tbh, I don't have a clue what to expect and when (but thanks to this website and forum, I'm hoping to understand more). I'll be 48 in August and my periods have been a bit wonky for probably 12 months, but no other side effects so I thought yipee! - this peri-menopause will be easy. Then it happened - 2 weeks ago I starting heating up like a boiling kettle, at first I thought it was just a fever, then as the heat came/went quickly, I realised this was it - the start of these hot flushes.  :(

The flushes I can cope with, but they're really disrupting my sleep. For every hour I sleep, I'm awake the other hour. I work for myself, so decided at the end of the year to take Jan-Mar off, but I'm going back in a few weeks and as someone who's usually up at 5/5.30am, the insomnia will do me in.  :(

I had a look on Amazon and have ordered this Neuro night complex and wondered if anyone else has tried it and whether it works or not? If there anything else you guys would recommend that would help?

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 12:02:19 PM by Emma »

Tc

Re: Howdy from a newbie!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 12:02:48 PM »

Hiya Yvonne.  I havent tried the night complex but I just wanted to say welcome.

Have you considered HRT?

yvonnemc

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 12:08:26 PM »

Hiya Yvonne.  I havent tried the night complex but I just wanted to say welcome.

Have you considered HRT?

Not yet. Wanted to try non-HRT remedies first, but if they don't work I'll be straight down to the quacks to get some 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 12:37:41 PM »

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful

:welcomemm:

yvonnemc

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 12:53:52 PM »

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful

:welcomemm:

Thanks - will give that a go