Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34

Author Topic: Is this the right place to discuss compounded hormones?  (Read 77604 times)

Mary G

Re: Is this the right place to discuss compounded hormones?
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2020, 10:08:49 AM »

For Tinacros.

Mary G

« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2020, 11:56:14 AM »

For ABoatNerd.

Mary G

« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2020, 12:27:57 PM »

For Merela.

Mary G

« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2021, 09:08:40 PM »

For lizziejt.

PMDD

« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2021, 10:40:30 PM »

Hi all,

Where do I find information about your 'compounding pharmacy' MaryG please?

I am really interested, but when I google, i find all sorts of sites that i'm not sure whether to trust.

Happy for anyone to message me, if it is not allowed to be put on here xx

Jasmine20

« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2021, 12:03:24 PM »

I haven't posted enough on this forum to send pms or reply to them so I'm having to post on the discussion thread.

Could MaryG and anyone else on this thread on compounded progesterone please pm me details of your doctor/clinic?

Thanks!

Mary G

« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2021, 07:39:41 PM »

PMDD and Jasmine20, I have replied to your PMs!

Mother bean

« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2021, 12:26:57 PM »

Hi Mary,

I hope that you are keeping well.  For some reason I cannot send private messages to members so wondered if you could send me a private message with more details on your HRT routine?

I will be 58 this year and had my last bleed Jun last year.  I was using the patches and have also visited Prof Studd who prescribed me with 3 pumps of gel and utro for 7 days all was good but found after 6 months my previous symptoms returned.  I have been off HRT since 2019 (Aug) and since then have been using a progesterone cream called Natpro (which is much stronger than the wellsprings) however, since my meno journey I have  suffered from hormonal anxiety and PMT, and feel that perhaps I need to go back on HRT to help with my anxiety but like you my problem was with the progesterone part because after 7 days I would wake feeling really anxious once again.  Your advice would be very much appreciated and wanted to thank you in advance for your time which you give to us all by sharing your experiences.  Thank you .

Mary G

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2021, 07:18:07 PM »

Mother bean, I'm sorry to hear about your progesterone problems.   You are just a year younger than me and post menopause so I think my regime could work for you.   I think that like me, you are now at the stage where you could benefit from the stability of a continuous combined HRT regime. 

My only reservation is the fact that you mention PMS, did you suffer with it pre menopause?   If your anxiety and PMS type symptoms started in peri menopause they could be caused by generic hormone instability.

I'm afraid I can't name the clinic I use on here but once you have posted 10 times, I think you can send PMs so please keep posting!

Mother bean

« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2021, 09:51:40 PM »

Hi Mary,
Thank you for your quick reply, that’s much appreciated. I have been following your posts for a long time and admire how you have looked further into things and believe you talk a lot of sense.
Very briefly I was so say told I had POCS when I was 46 (not convinced though), I was told at the time my progesterone was low (but now after loads of research I understand that’s to be expected at that age) but at the same time I was told that I was making loads of eggs for my age, my testosterone was normal. I first started missing periods at the age of 49 and this was when my anxiety made its self known to me, but this was only after I had missed my first period and then brewing up for my next one ( approx 12-10 days before it arrived, and this was why I mentioned the PMT, once my period arrived everything would go back to normal, until the next time. I have tried the patches and the gel and have done ok on all but it was the UTRo progesterone that made me stop my HRT because I seemed not to cope with Utro after the 7 days but at my age really wanted to be period free so was why I wanted to use the combined on a conti basis. I have used the femseven conti and did ok with them accept I was allergic to the glue. Why do have your reservations about your regime? Sending you big virtual hugs. Joy xxx

Mary G

« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2021, 12:10:16 PM »

Mother bean, thank you for your kind words.

As you have probably seen from my previous posts, the Professor Studd regime worked well for me for a number of years until I finally hit the Utrogestan buffers.  I found the Utrogestan destabilised my hormones and caused migraines and I also found the bleeding made me feel ill.

The reason I had reservations about my regime working for you was the mention of PMS but it looks like it started in peri menopause so a low dose of continuous progesterone should work for you.   Some women with a history of PMS literally can't take any progesterone at all and often end up having a hysterectomy.

I have an unsubstantiated theory that migraines, insomnia, anxiety, panic attacks etc kick off in peri menopause because of the fall in progesterone levels - progesterone is the stabilising, calming hormone and it goes west before oestrogen.   

Keep posting!

Mother bean

« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2021, 09:28:49 PM »

Hi Mary,
Thank you once again for your kind reply. Prior to my missing my periods, some months I would never know when I was due on, so yes this PMT Larky only made its presence known when I missed a period an then started to brew up for the next one. Dr. Annie Evans confirmed that during the peri menopause your PMT for between 10-12 days before a bleed and can get much worse than before.
Currently I have been using a progesterone cream called Natpro which I purchase from progesterone therapy and each pump is 50mg with 33.33% of progesterone which has been great for me since coming off HRT back in 2019. Before that I was really fine with utro along with the 3 pumps of oestrogel which professor studd got me to use and sometimes was able to use 200mg for 10 days rather than the daily 100mg he prescribed for 7 day. Then one day after 7 days of using the 100 mg I would wake up with crippling anxiety always worrying over my health. I have tried the 3 pumps of oestrogel and the 100 mg of utro on a conti basis but just couldn’t find the stability with my hormones which was why I gave up.
My main symptom is the anxiety which I only get when I feel symptoms as if I were due a period even though I am not getting them, I also suffer with digestive issues and many other things that like everyone else seems to come and ago. All I want is to feel like the old girl I used to be, full of life and ready to take on the world. Thank you, Take care xxx

Juprid1

• First Flush
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2021, 02:58:47 PM »

I have used Bio identical hormones for 4 Years, It saved my life (and my husbands) They were a miracle cure for me!

Mary G

« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2021, 08:14:36 PM »

For Sophie.

The clinic I use are developing progesterone drops and were hoping to launch them this year but it hit the buffers due to Covid.

I will let you know of any further developments.   Sounds like an interesting product.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2021, 08:01:36 AM »

Morning Mary G >wave<

Welcome Girls ........... keep asking and discussing. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34