Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vitamins D and B  (Read 2653 times)

Pumpkin55

Vitamins D and B
« on: August 30, 2020, 09:43:54 PM »

Hi there
I just wondered how much vitamin d people take? I know that the govt recommended level is pretty low....
Also which B vits are important during the menopause, and does anyone have a good mix/brand they could recommend?

Salad

Re: Vitamins D and B
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 12:56:33 AM »

I’ve had Vitamin D deficiency and my level drops. So I take up to 10 000 iu a day. There are co-factors you need to take if you are using that amount though. I use the 2000 iu D3 capsules from Costco (Kirkland)
I also take Vitamin B12 in an oral spray form, as I reacted to tablets. Again, because my level was a bit low. I get the Better You spray from Holland & Barrett - tastes nice.  :)

Sparrow

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 07:03:06 AM »

I would recommend Healthspan (website only), as they are much cheaper then H&B.

Shelster

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 07:15:17 AM »

Pumpkin, I’m also taking Better You. It’s a spray so is apparently absorbed more effectively. I have 1000 vit D and their B Complex. I definitely feel a huge difference if I forget to take the B Complex x

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 10:29:42 AM »

Hello ladies.

I take a vitamin B12 and vitamin D supplement daily. I also take an Omega 3 supplement made from algae.
This is the regime followed by some of the scientists I follow and although they are male and not afflicted by the menopause I figure they still know what they are talking about.

Take care everyone.

K.

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 11:26:43 AM »

I also take the Better You Spray it delivers 1000iu and its also important to take VitK2 if you are taking D3, Better You does a combo spray.

CrispyChick

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 06:01:41 PM »

Another vote for the Better You spray. I was taking seperated B12 as my levels were at the bottom of range. My d was also low. So I now take the multivit one which has both in good doses!