Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Looking for advice re Utrogestan and Estrogel.

(1/3) > >>

Pinkdreamer:
Hello Ladies,

I would really appreciate some advice and or experiences using this combination of HRT.

I am 48, my periods just stopped 7 years ago. I've had no menopausal symptoms or none that I am aware of but over the last 6 months or so I started to suffer from bad joint pain, mainly in my hips, pelvis and knees.  These pains were making me feel tired and low so under the advice of my GP and a Rheumatologist, due to having such an early menopause I started taking HRT as they felt that it could help with the joint pain and the symptomless affects of Menopause such as being at risk of osteoarthritis and heart disease etc.

I started taking 1 pump of Estrogel and 100mg of Utrogestan every night at the beginning of January this year and after 2 weeks I felt better in ways that I didn't know I needed to feel better!  My mood lifted, my brain pinged awake and I felt motivated again and the joint pains disappeared.
I had some breast tenderness and a slight vaginal discharge but I could cope with these side affects.

But, over the last two weeks, my joint pain has come back with a vengeance and it feels different then the pain I was suffering before starting HRT and on top of it I now have leg cramps and period-like pains and also indigestion pain and I just feel like my body is seizing up!

I really don't know what to do. I can't get a Doctors appointment at the moment and I don't know whether to stop taking it or carry on until I can see the GP.

It seems like it's gone from miracle cure to the devils medicine and I would be grateful for your thoughts.

Thanks x

Sammiejane:
hi

i?m into this combo 2 pumps gel and utro 100mg and the first week was great but now i find after 3 weeks i don't sleep aswell my vagina is dryer more discharge and headaches quite intense so i?m wondering whether i need to up the dose also the prog is given me flushes which when i was on the gel only they were gone . i?m taking progesterone as mood stabilizer as i've had hysterectomy

Elmsey:
Pinkdreamer,

I have found the email consultation service on this site highly effective and helped me identif that some odd symptoms were the result of having a rather large Fibroid rather than being related to HRT.

I agree that you should be going back to your GP, and if neccessary get referred to your meno clinic. 

Elmsey

Sammiejane:
hi pinkdreamer

have u had hair shedding on this regime
1 pump gel and 100mg utrogestan x

you have been on it since jan ? it may be that you need another pump of estrogen x

Hurdity:
Hi pinkdreamer

You've already had some good advice but just wanted to say  :welcomemm:

Also some of us find that taking progesterone every day can lead to depressing symptoms. The period like cramps may doctor to run some blood tests especially thyroid function, especially if you are also feeling more tired/cold than usual as low thyroid function can lead to joint aches too.

You had an early menopause and have been without adequate oestrogen for some years, so it is important for your health to try to find a dose and regime that you can tolerate to help protect heart and bones.

All the best :)

Hurdity x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version