Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

utrogestan

(1/1)

Sammiejane:
evening ladies

please can you advise what i should do

taking 2 pumps gel and 100mg utro every night even though had hysterectomy taking it to balance mold on estrogen only

side effects since adding utro

headaches - bad from 4 pm and head throbes each time i move wake up feeling ill like cold i take paracetamol and have my coffee and 30 mins later feel ok till 4 pm
neck pain
dryer vagina - despite ovestin
sleep not so great now week 3 but was great week 1
hot flushes not gone which were previously gone on 2 pumps gel only
constipation despite laxatives

do i increase to 3 pumps on estrogel or
do i stop progesterone

can't carry on as i feel ill

i also feel a bit angry irritable anxious but felt this on estrogen alone so cannot comment whether progesterone is having any effect on that

i have had enough of hrt to be honest just can't find one yet to suit it's been over a year

thanks

Nik2502:
Personally if you don't have a womb I'd stop the utrogestan. It makes me poorly - physically and mentally x

Sammiejane:
hi

i?m going to see how i go as today feel fine so whether i was under the weather too not sure

dryness still there x the main issue for me which it has helped is mood and i?m hoping fingers crossed my hair to as i found on estrogen alone it caused my hair to shed and thin x

Sammiejane:
hi

my other question is if the progesterone isn't suiting me utrogestan , and as i take this with gel would it work different with a patch or would i just feel the same ?

hurdity would be great for your advice on this x

thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version