Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

Spider veins and varicose veins

(1/1)

Souris:
Anybody else have an issue with these? I've had several webs of spider veins appear since I stopped birth control pills, and some veins are much more noticeable and I expect they are on their way to being varicose veins. My doctor thinks they are what is causing my leg pain in that area, causing swelling that is pressing on nerves, and suggested wearing compression stockings. My mom has varicose veins, so I was pretty well genetically destined for them.

jillydoll:
Hi.
Yeah! I've got one starting to bulge on my right leg. it's been there for a few years now, but it hasn't got any worse. I also have spider veins on the same leg but down by my ankle. These bother me more than the bulging one. They?re red and blue. I hate them. My mom had a very bad right leg too, loads of varicose veins and thread veins so it looks like I'm going the same way. The left leg is totally clear, as hers was as-well.
I was thinking of getting a tattoo to cover them, but I can't decide what to do. 🤷‍♀️

jillydoll:
Hahahaha StellaJane. You'd think they'd have given us a matching pair wouldn't you?  ::)  ;D

Souris:
All these ?fun? parts of aging!

How odd about one leg being much worse than the other. I wonder why that is? I can tell my right leg is going to be worse than my left?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version