Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Utrogestan cycle advice

(1/3) > >>

Honeybean:
Hi

I'm sure I'm being quite daft, but I can't work out how to take my a Utrogestan.

I have been taking it since October on a really low dose everyday. I have now been moved to taking Utrogestan on days 15-26. It was fine the first month as I counted day 1 as the first day of my period and took Utrogestan on days 15-26. I was expecting a period after day 26 when I stopped taking a Utrogestan. However I did not have a period after day 26. I had a tiny bit of spotting during days 15-26 but I (stupidly) didn't record when! I am confused now. When is day 1 so that I can start working out when my next day15 is? Is day 1 actually day 27?

Is it normal to not have a bleed when you change regime?

Sorry to sound so dim but it was a lot simpler when I was taking everyday!!

Thanks x

Dotty:
Hi the easiest thing to do is to start the Utrogestan on the same date every month x

Hurdity:
As Dotty says that is the best way if you are late peri or post-menopause - so easy to remember! If you are early peri and your own cycle comes into play then try to tie it in with that but realistically most women start HRT when well into peri so their own cycle won't be that regular.

When I was on a 28 day HRT cycle I used to do mine 4 weekly only so that the withdrawal always came on the same day of the week ie at the weekend - cos I often used to get a migraine and didn't have to go to work. That was also easy to remember for the same reason - ie I started on the same day of the week each time.

Hurdity x

Honeybean:

--- Quote from: Dotty on February 23, 2020, 08:37:41 AM ---Hi the easiest thing to do is to start the Utrogestan on the same date every month x

--- End quote ---

Thanks Dotty for advice. So I could just make it simple and take it on the first day of every month? x

Honeybean:

--- Quote from: Hurdity on February 23, 2020, 09:21:31 AM ---As Dotty says that is the best way if you are late peri or post-menopause - so easy to remember! If you are early peri and your own cycle comes into play then try to tie it in with that but realistically most women start HRT when well into peri so their own cycle won't be that regular.

When I was on a 28 day HRT cycle I used to do mine 4 weekly only so that the withdrawal always came on the same day of the week ie at the weekend - cos I often used to get a migraine and didn't have to go to work. That was also easy to remember for the same reason - ie I started on the same day of the week each time.

Hurdity x

--- End quote ---
Thanks Hurdity. I've been peri for probably 8 years. My periods were like clockwork every 28 days but in the last 5 years they've been all over the shop. Probably have one every 3 or 4 months so cycle very unpredictable.

Would just taking Utrogestan on first day of every month work? I guess that's not really a 4 week cycle. For simplicity it would work for me!!

Thanks x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version