Menopause Humour > The funny side of menopause

Frazzlement at the train station

(1/3) > >>

KaraShannon:
 So I thought I had developed dementia the other day.

I went to the station to go to work, a trip I do occasionally.  When I do I'm often late so I just jump on the train and ask the guard if I can pay him. 

But the other day I bought my ticket for a change.  But somehow by the time I got on the train I had forgotten that and asked the guard if I could pay him on the train.....

And it gets worse.

I paid the guard, so now I have 2 tickets.  Still oblivious. 

I get off at my stop and await another train.  That train reports that it has to terminate halfway.  So I get off at the halfway termination and ready to leave the station to get a bus for the rest of the way.

I see a guard and suddenly I'm in 'Oh sh*t, I haven't got a ticket, I'll have to explain to the guard.'

I gave him a garbled explanation of why I didn't have a ticket.  He sorted one for me.  I paid for my third ticket for my one journey..... ; ;D  then wander off out to get the bus...

Standing waiting for the bus it comes back to me that I bought a ticket off the guard on the train already.

I go back to the train station (now missing the bus I needed!) and explain to the guard in an even more garbled fashion that I already got a ticket before I got the ticket with him. 

He refunds me a ticket and looks at me kinda strange.  But hey, it's a woman, whatever.

I wander back to the bus station wondering what the hell is wrong with me and then it hits me, I bought a ticket right at the very beginning of the journey!!!!

I go back to the guard (no, there wasn't anyone else I could go to just him, lol) and explain that actually.........thinking about it a little more.....I might just have another ticket that I purchased at the start of my journey.  ::)

Now he's not looking at me as if I'm a woman, he's looking at me as if I'm a patient and he's the doctor.  He's concerned.

'Sorry, I'm not normally like this, a lot's happened recently,'  I said.  But there really was no recovering from it.   ;D

And throughout it all I was sweating like a pig.

Thankfully that little episode is over and I have clarity back now.

Wrensong:
Brilliant KaraShannon!  Thanks for sharing.  Needed that ;D ;D

KaraShannon:
 ;D

sheila99:
Umm... perhaps you should leave that bottle of whiskey til you get home...  :)

KaraShannon:
 ;D

I asked myself what I was on!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version