Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is anyone using utrogestan orally?  (Read 695 times)

collysully

Is anyone using utrogestan orally?
« on: February 21, 2020, 06:47:07 PM »

I was wondering if anyone uses Utrogestan orally rather than vaginally?

Dotty

Re: Is anyone using utrogestan orally?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 07:20:34 PM »

Yes I do 😀

collysully

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 07:31:38 PM »

That's good to hear, Dotty.  I'm American and have been prescribed Estrogel and prometrium.  Our prometrium pills can't be take vaginally just orally.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 07:52:14 PM »

Hi there collysully- I also if it's the same product that is used for fertility ( like utrogestan) then these are also taken vaginally. I would check, if this is the route you would prefer, although most who take it daily (100 mg) opt for oral as continuous vaginal use can irritate and/or limit bedroom activities  ::) .

Hurdity x

collysully

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 08:05:58 PM »

Thank you all so much!  I appreciate it.

I spoke to a pharmacist who told me he doesn't think the prometrium pills can be used vaginally.  I'm a bit confused on this.  They're 100 mg pink pills.  I wish I could get Utrogestan so that I could use them either way.

I'm 58 and have been in menopause about 7 years.  Do you think it's better to cycle the prometrium or use it continuously?

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 08:19:25 PM »

Stella Jane....you made me smile 😀

I think promethium is the same as Utrogestan....it's micronised progesterone. X

Shannonplussed

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 11:31:56 PM »

I'm in Canada and also use Prometrium. It is the very same as Utrogestan, and yes 100% you can use it vaginally or orally. Both are 100mg micronized progesterone. My Prometrium is generic and is a while ball with a gelatinous coating. I've had success taking it both orally and vaginally, and have tried both continuous and cyclic regimes with it (so 100mg and 200mg as it applies to each regime). It may only be licensed for HRT orally but my OB-GYN confirmed that I can used it vaginally, as it's true, it's used vaginally for some fertility/pregnancy reasons. My OB-GYN advises that it's the best choice if you're able to tolerate it (I assume because it's bioindentical) , so I'm glad I get on well with it.