General Discussion > New Members

Am I ever going to be nice again?

<< < (2/2)

Minxy:
Thanks again both of you. I am indeed fag free lil , would like to be rage free lil anytime soon . I'd forgotten to add, as if the rage wernt bad enough, gained 2.5 stone since hysterectomy. Gotta get this mid life menopause crap sorted 👊

Krystal:
Hello, I had a total hysterectomy in July 2018 due to very large fibroids. At 61 I am much older than you and did not expect any strange symptoms after the operation. I had mood swings which eventually settled down. The biggest shock for me was the weight gain which no-one even mentioned to me. Thanks to Mr Google I have learnt that post hysterectomy women's metabolism slows down regardless of your age and it can take three times longer to burn calories than prior to the op.

All the medics told me to give myself 6 months to recover. My neighbour said give yourself 12 months and then you will start to feel much better within yourself. She was right. We may heal physically within 6 months but I think the hysterectomy op affects your body's hormones and functioning.  I believe you will feel better but you need to give yourself time. Stay positive and do not feel ground down. Sending you good wishes and happiness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version