General Discussion > New Members

57 and still have sporadic periods

(1/3) > >>

Sandiet:
I'm 57 and thought I was finally done as no bleed for a few months. Then developed sore breasts and heavy legs and hay presto another bleed, light but now for over a week. Happens always around the second week of the month (when I do bleed) never gone for more than 6 months. Panicking in case there is more to it . Emotions all over the place .

sheila99:
I was still regular at 57, your body will pack up when it's ready to not when the medical profession tells you it will. If it feels like a 'normal' bleed it's probably just that. It isn't unusual at all to go some time without then have a heavy one. They define meno as 12 months without a bleed because this can happen.

Sandiet:
Thanks sheila99
I think I'm just looking too much into it. It defo feels like a period but my mind is just all over the place x

Barnacle:
Hi Sandiet!  I'm 55 and still having periods, although the pattern and flow are very different to how they used to be. I had a major wobble last year as i went 7 months without a period and then all of a sudden i had one, and it did send me into a bit of a panic. I went to see my GP and we decided that it would be best to get myself checked out.
I am very lucky that we have a meno clinic at my local hospital, and after a full on MOT and a follow up appointment with a lovely man i came away feeling completely reassured that everything was fine.
He told me that having a later menopause is a lot more common than people think, which did make me feel better, i have to say.
I'd try and get an appointment with your GP, even if it is just to put your mind at rest and in the meantime there is a huge amount of knowledge and support on here from all the ladies, so don't be afraid to ask anything!

Sandiet:
Thank you For your reply.
I feel I'm not alone anymore. Went to GP yesterday we had a long discussion she said all seems very normal, she didn't feel the need to examine me so I feel a wee bit better. Just hope the negativity in myself stops x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version