General Discussion > New Members

New here and looking for support.

(1/3) > >>

sophielee:
Hi,
i don't even know where to start. i'm 50 and think i've been in peri for about 5 years now. i've had a multitude of symptoms ranging from unexplained mid-cycle pelvic pain, anxiety, joint pain, breast pain, ongoing digestive issues, severe fatigue, and most recently, dry eyes.

Each time something happens, i spiral into a state of panic. Im full of fear and fall into a mild depression. I've had health anxiety going back to my 30's but these continuous issues have pushed me to new levels of anxiety.

Please tell me things will get better. I feel like I've been robbed of  my life. I've gone from a happy, outgoing person to practically housebound aside from going to work.

CLKD:
Hi!   :welcomemm:  it's The Change: does what it says on the tin  ::)

Browse round.  Make notes.  Some find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  My periods waxed and waned for several years then disappeared.

I've had anxiety all my Life and depression in my 30/40s. 

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out: eyes, nostrils, deep in the ears, vagina, skin.  Also muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

A good exercise regime will help.  Lots of 'me' time. Hobbies? we have threads on most things here, even menopause  ;)

Barnacle:
Hi Sophielee! I have only recently joined and the thing that has stood out for me is the amount of support that the ladies give to each other and the huge amount of knowledge they have managed to accumulate between them.

I have spent a lot of time reading various threads and have found the search box at the top of the page very helpful.

Minxy:
Hi Sophielee , I'm new too but just clicking on few posts, some brill advice already. Who'd have thought, we're all in the same boat, and what a large boat it is already.

Perinowpost:
Hi Sophielee

All you?re describing are classic peri meno symptoms, as is the health anxiety. it's not so much that it gets better as you learn accept it for what it is. Pop any specific questions into the search box to help your research, I learnt loads this way and it really helped x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version