Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti patches shortage  (Read 990 times)

Helj

• First Flush
Evorel conti patches shortage
« on: February 14, 2020, 04:53:00 PM »

I have been using the patches about a year and they really helped my menopause symptoms. I remember feeling desperate for help when I asked for them. I can't get any and it seems they are unavailable for a while. My g.p. wasn't willing to give me a gel to try as it involves pill too he said no have combo pill. I have looked at info with them..elleste duet and feel  :( I haven't had a period for 2 years. These say you bleed each month. I really don't want to. Anyone know of alternative? Maybe I need to see how I am without hrt at all for a while. I don't want periods back in my life. I always felt sick with the pill before. The patches were great, I just want that stability!

Katejo

Re: Evorel conti patches shortage
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 05:15:31 PM »

I have been using the patches about a year and they really helped my menopause symptoms. I remember feeling desperate for help when I asked for them. I can't get any and it seems they are unavailable for a while. My g.p. wasn't willing to give me a gel to try as it involves pill too he said no have combo pill. I have looked at info with them..elleste duet and feel  :( I haven't had a period for 2 years. These say you bleed each month. I really don't want to. Anyone know of alternative? Maybe I need to see how I am without hrt at all for a while. I don't want periods back in my life. I always felt sick with the pill before. The patches were great, I just want that stability!
  Haven't you had any bleeding at all with Evorel Conti? This is just out of interest because I have had quite a bit. Have you tried the online pharmacies at all? I managed to get a supply from the Independent Pharmacy with an NHS prescription but they may have run out now.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 05:20:17 PM »

The tablet equivalent is a Elleste Duet Conti. Have you been given Elleste Duet sequi?

Helj

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 05:35:38 PM »

The tablet equivalent is a Elleste Duet Conti. Have you been given Elleste Duet sequi?
it's a combo one but just called elleste duet.

Helj

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 05:43:17 PM »

Haven't you had any bleeding at all with Evorel Conti? This is just out of interest because I have had quite a bit. Have you tried the online pharmacies at all? I managed to get a supply from the Independent Pharmacy with an NHS prescription but they may have run out now.
[quote author=Helj I'm not sure how to use this 😆trying to reply so you see it..no bleeding, I had to wait a year of no periods to get the patches and nothing since. I might look online but think the Dr that have me these tablets cancelled my evorel script. I might be better off seeing a nurse or clinic. The gp was a medic and he called in another gp, middle aged man, I don't think it occurred to them about bleeding etc and the difference in the two types. link=topic=47025.msg756518#msg756518 date=1581699180]
[/quote]

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 05:45:34 PM »

If it's Elleste Duet then it's a sequi regime which are for ladies who are still having periods. Are there 2 different coloured tablets in the box?

da66

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 12:41:20 PM »

Just to say I rang my pharmacy yesterday to ask about Evorel 50 mono and she said that had just got Evorel Conti back into stock (and were expecting the mono soon). She actually had the Conti on the shelves! So don't give up trying to get them and try different pharmacies if you can. This was an independent chemist - Lloyds have been useless in my experience.

Bobidy

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 01:15:14 PM »

OMG, Lloyds are dreadful. Ours is attached to our surgery and the service is terrible. They are totally inflexible about getting what you prefer. Little independents are great!

Helj

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2020, 08:31:53 AM »

If it's Elleste Duet then it's a sequi regime which are for ladies who are still having periods. Are there 2 different coloured tablets in the box?
yes Dotty, two different types. I left taking them as no way did i want periods again. Just now I am getting sick head aches and hot flushes again. I think i need to talk to g.p. if I can. Thanks for your comment. I will ask for something more suitable if my symptoms don't improve. I'm going to have a look at what might help herbally too.