Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Sore throat and health anxiety  (Read 12246 times)

Donnadoobie

Re: Sore throat and health anxiety
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 12:29:48 PM »

I asked him that a few days ago, he said it is possible but could not be certain.  Seeing that there was obviously an infection there for some time I am hoping it will solve it.  I couldn't actually  talk afterwards, my mouth was full of cotton wool!  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 01:06:33 PM »

Bit late after the event?  ABs should be given pre-surgical intervention so that they kick in to avoid infection setting in  ::)

If you aren't in pain I wouldn't take them.  I usually end up with upset guts so don't finish the Course anyway  :-\

My low grade infection was draining from the socket ..........

sheila99

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 01:41:07 PM »

I would definitely take ABs. I had a sore throat  when I had infection around a root canal filling. I get a sore throat at the drop of a hat, any infection, cold coming on etc etc. Can your infection be seen on an xray? If so it might be an idea to have one after the abs to make sure it's cleared up. If bugs get around a tooth or bone it can be very difficult for abs to cure it which is what they tend to remove teeth. The blood test should tell you if you have a low level infection. I wouldn't be surprised if your gum problems are at thr root of it.
Dentists are trained to spot throat cancer so very unlikely to be that.

bear

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2020, 01:59:38 PM »

Hi Donnadobbie,

Good to know the extraction went well and you have been given antibiotics for the infection. I hope they will sort out the sore throat. If it persists, maybe you could consider an extra pillow to help with the other possibilities, post nasal drip, acid reflux or mouth breathing. 
I had one tooth extracted recently, it's healing well but my tongue hasn't come to terms with the empty socket!

BeaR.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 05:27:20 PM »

I will take the antibiotics, as he said he has scrapped out as much as he could but not all the infection.  I am quite run down at the moment, Probably because of this long lasting infection.  My throat is my weak spot.  The injection is only just warning off but it already feels a little easier, hope it is not short lived, it is  sore at the site that was my tooth but I expected that and will for a few days.

Bear,  I know what you mean about the tongue, I went through this when I had the other side tooth taken out about 5 years ago, took me ages to get used to it.

Fingers crossed but feeling a little better already, so hopefully it is sorted.  Will definitely continue with the AB as I cannot cope with anymore pains and worries.

Will let you know how it goes after a few days.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:02:12 PM by Donnadoobie »

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 07:11:33 PM »

My Dentist always encourages boiled, cooled water with lots of salt - to rinse mouth several times a day ........ swill round and hold in the socket too as water will get deep into the area.  Tastes though  :-X

One can garble with salt which may ease the soreness.  I used to use TCP liquid for the same. 

Donnadoobie

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2020, 07:20:54 AM »

Yes he told me about the salt water but after 24 hours has passed, so will do it later.

Sore this morning, to be expected.  I keep swallowing ( not a good thing!) and seems a little less sore.   It is sore down the right side of my neck, inside, but I guess that is the extraction and the remainder of the infection.  I suppose I need to give it a few days to settle.

Need a weekend to relax!   Busy day today with work.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:13:26 PM by Donnadoobie »

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2020, 09:43:29 AM »

Little steps.  The body will sort itself especially the mouth area.  Do you need to take pain relief to ease soreness?

Kathleen

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2020, 09:46:57 AM »

Hello Donnadoobie

I'm pleased to see that your treatment went well. Hopefully you will recover quickly.

I'm seeing my dentist next week and will discuss what can be done with my troublesome tooth. If I need an extraction I would prefer to hold off on antibiotics as they always upset my digestive system.

Take care and keep us updated.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2020, 09:50:43 AM »

My Dentist advised ABs prior to extraction and/or implant work to lessen the risk of an infection getting into the blood stream and causing problems.  If the ABs are already present they will begin 'work' immediately .......... rather than allowing the infection to take hold.

5 years ago I had 3 lots of implant surgery over many months: the 1st time I had prior AB treatment then it was decided that I didn't require it as the body should be primed after all the pulling around  ::).  At the time my GP was giving me ABs for what turned out to be VA  ::) so we decided that my body probably had enough.

Let us know how you get on?

Donnadoobie

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2020, 07:16:38 AM »

Well I have let everything settle for a few days and throat appears to be getting better, not really sore any more and tooth is healing.

Left now with just this globus feeling, which seems to go when I am not thinking about it so pretty sure it is anxiety related. I make it worse by swallowing all the time.

I am a bit chesty, with a slight wheeze, no breathing problems, so hopefully this is viral ( could I have any other problems?) and will go over the next week, if not, I will mention it when I go for my blood tests.   It could also be from a post nasal drip which I am aware of too.  Any remedies?

Feel like an emotional wreck, anxiety and mild depression seem to be taking over.

marge

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2020, 07:41:28 AM »

I still think post nasal drip could be a factor, especially the globus feeling and swallowing.  I take an over the counter supermarket antihistamine tablet about 3 times a week which really helps. Anxiety plays a huge part too of course!

Donnadoobie

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2020, 08:08:48 AM »

Thanks Marge, I will try with the antihistamine.  I am sure I rattle when I walk  ;D

Donnadoobie

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2020, 05:22:59 PM »

Spoke too soon.  I have had terrible anxiety today and throat feels tight and sore, although it isn't sore when I swallow, weird.

Can this all be down to anxiety? I keep thinking the worst.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2020, 08:10:35 PM »

OK what's the worst?

Post nasal drip can cause sore throat.  Anxiety can cause lots of health problems.   :tulips2:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7