Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Sore throat and health anxiety  (Read 12508 times)

Donnadoobie

Re: Sore throat and health anxiety
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2020, 08:05:26 PM »

My husband, after seeing me so down over the past few weeks, bought a bottle of wine.  After sharing the bottle, I have to say that I feel relaxed, no pain, no throat discomfort.  I feel there maybe a lesson in there!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2020, 08:22:41 PM »

;D

Hic.  You'll be crawling up stairs to bed and moaning about sore knee caps tomorrow  ;)  :D

Lubrication might be the answer then >reaches for Coke<. 

Donnadoobie

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2020, 10:42:08 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Will sleep well tonight!

Booroo

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2020, 05:32:16 PM »

Donnadoobie many thanks for the link my god so flipping true with me xx

Donnadoobie

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2020, 10:43:24 PM »

A weekend without work and mostly without symptoms, although I can feel the tension in my throat if I think about it.  My husband is making me do the exercises  in the link I posted and, together with the ones I found,  are helping.  Thinking back to to weeks ago, there is definitely an improvement although not 100%. 

I do think many things have combined to make me feel like this, the tablets which I think  scratched  my throat, the tooth with an infection, post nasal drip, possibly reflux too and I am sure something viral, all combined with anxiety.

Fingers crossed everything continues to improve.  I am taking control of my tension and am starting to feel almost normal!  I do need to conquer the anxiety though, as I cannot do this anymore.

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2020, 09:08:47 AM »

Well done.  Maybe an anti-anxiety tablet for 'when necessary'?

Donnadoobie

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2020, 07:42:55 PM »

Had a good weekend and everything felt reasonably good on Monday.  Woke up yesterday, the day of blood tests and felt really anxious and throat returned.  After the test it improved as the day went on.

Today, work has been stressful, by lunchtime I was feeling a burning in my throat and just cried.  So fed up with all of it.  Is easier this evening but not better.

I feel sheer panic that it is throat cancer, I cannot think of anything else.

Waiting for blood test results.  If all is normal should I stop worrying?  What if they are not OK, all of this is going round in my head.  Trying to stay calm but it is not working.

I feel absolutely floored by all of this, not really helping my husband, who is struggling with a cold and a sick mother who lives in Spain!  I just want to feel well again.

Should I wait for the blood test results before going back to the GP?  I have an appointment in 9th March but I may go mad before then.

Is the anxiety causing the symptoms ot the symptoms causing the anxiety.?  Who knows but I am really struggling.

bear

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2020, 08:11:22 PM »

Hi Donnadoobie,

Sorry to hear you're still struggling with sore throat. It looks like anxiety related, but of course it could be something else exacerbated by anxiety, I keep thinking of acid reflux. I think you should wait for the blood tests results before going back to the GP, s/he won't be able to diagnose anything without them, unless you have something visible on your throat. Health anxiety can cause a variety of symptoms and pain will cause health anxiety, it's a vicious cycle. Try to do things that relax you until you have the blood tests results.

BeaR.

marge

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2020, 07:17:43 AM »

I agree with BeaR. It's all sounding very anxiety related and similar to what I have. It goes away for a while, all over Christmas and January, l was fine, but it's back now. I have no idea why. My blood tests were all fine. Keep calm if you can.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2020, 08:24:53 AM »

Just read that Omeprazole, which the doctor prescribed two weeks ago, can cause anxiety. Not officially but reading reviews, I would say about half of the people responding said it gave them severe anxiety.

Going to stop taking it.  Has not cleared up the throat issue anyway.  Any advice on a natural way of treating silent reflux, in case this is the issue?  I already take live bacteria, one general one and one specifically For Women, helping to prevent thrush and uti's.  I also have some digestive enzymes, which I have not really started taking as they arrived just before I was prescribed the Omeprazole, so stopped.

I don't really suffer with heartburn or indigestion so I am sure that if this is the problem I need to sort out my diet for a while, which has always been quite good, I thought. 

Going to do some research.  That is what I always do.  Got pre diabetes and cholesterol under control by doing this.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 08:46:52 AM by Donnadoobie »

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2020, 09:42:28 AM »

I have taken it for 12 months and my anxiety levels haven't risen.  STOP reading rubbish on the net!! What on Earth does 'not officely' mean?  You aren't researching in the correct places .......... I've spent years typing up research Papers - not many that I could understand but the important thing was that Authors and a Bibliography were a legal requirement.  Also who was funding the research is useful.

What bacteria are you actually taking?  Why is one specifically for women  :-\.  When I feel unwell I buy tubs of Greek LIVE yoghurt and eat by the spoonful: 3 times a day for 5.  It won't do any harm and encourages good bacteria in the digestive tract.  When my dog had chemo she got heartburn and it certainly eased her symptoms.  When I feel 'thrush' may be the problem, I apply into the vagina.  Soothing  ;)

Donnadoobie

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2020, 10:18:30 AM »

Not research CLKD, this was reviews of people taking the medication.  I put into Google, can Omeprazole make you feel worse? 

https://www.drugs.com/comments/omeprazole/for-gastroesophageal-reflux-disease.html
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 10:42:59 AM by Donnadoobie »

CLKD

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2020, 12:35:36 PM »

Maybe have a look at Dr James le Fanu pages in the Monday Telegraph who explains this medication and it's uses really well.

How R U as the day goes on?

Donnadoobie

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2020, 01:11:20 PM »

Not as bad as yesterday thanks but not the best, seems to go up and down. Trying to stay calm but waiting for blood test results today or tomorrow.  They said they would only contact me if there was a concern. Will ask husband to check tomorrow when he picks up my prescription, if they have not contacted me today.

Husband is trying so hard bless him, sending me lots of links about anxiety and making me do my throat exercises.

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2020, 03:06:40 PM »

It hasn't got worse?  It's unlikely to be anything particularly serious  ;)

........ and breath?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7