Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tracy Brabin MP off shoulder dress at work  (Read 2681 times)

Pennyfarthing

Tracy Brabin MP off shoulder dress at work
« on: February 04, 2020, 07:23:39 PM »

MP Tracy Brabin has hit back at people who have had a go at her online about wearing a black off the shoulder dress at work in the Commons.  Some of the comments weren't nice at all but I think most people were shocked because she looked so unprofessional.

I am really surprised she thought she was acceptably dressed. She looks to me like she has just come back from a Hen party or a night on the town. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/BxUBjN6VmcgRR1ZCA
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 07:26:14 PM by Pennyfarthing »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tracy Brabin MP off shoulder dress at work
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 07:36:06 PM »

I agree.  I wouldn't trust any professional who doesn't dress appropriately for the work place.  We would have been sent home!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 08:44:50 AM »

I was working in a social work office a few years back and the manager there had to have a quiet word with one of the females who everyone felt was dressing inappropriately. I'm all for people being able to choose how they dress but when it starts to make colleagues feel uncomfortable ... ::)

ha ha that reminds me of a woman at our village school who was employed as a Lunchtime Supervisor.  After a few weeks in her job she started coming to school in very short mini dresses which you could see through and it was clear that she was wearing just a thong underneath.  You literally could see the cheeks of her backside .... plus the thong up the middle!  There were so many complaints that the Headteacher had to insist she dressed appropriately.

Two hoots

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 09:26:52 AM »

If you are speaking about something you care about surely you don't want what you are wearing to distract ? She has been trying to justify her outfit but I think she's missing the point. She said if a man was wearing a coloured tie would he have the same comments, no, but if his shirt was unbuttoned showing his chest yes I think he would have had the same reaction.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 09:34:50 AM »

Well said Two hoots.   There is a dress code in many Companies.  The issue at the moment is tattoos  ::) ........ and if they should be on show/not.

Surely one has to respect the business one is working in?  Is she trying to 'make a point'?  Where's the Speaker, could he/she not have had a word ..........

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 03:30:01 PM »

Well said Two hoots.   There is a dress code in many Companies.  The issue at the moment is tattoos  ::) ........ and if they should be on show/not.

Surely one has to respect the business one is working in?  Is she trying to 'make a point'?  Where's the Speaker, could he/she not have had a word ..........

My niece has the most huge, hideous tattoos all down her arms and legs.  Think Amy Winehouse ..... brightly coloured hearts, anchors, sailors, lovebirds etc!   She is a teacher and has to have them covered at all times.  Easy enough with the legs as she can wear leggings or trousers but keeping her arms covered in the hot weather is another thing!  it's her own fault though as she chose to have them.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 03:58:03 PM »

DH said 'at least the MP wasn't naked'  :sigh:   4 me any point that she might be trying to put across wouldn't make an impact, I wouldn't trust anyone who can't dress appropriately.

How would 1 feel if a surgeon arrived at the bed-side with a hoop in the nose and tattoos  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 08:13:01 PM »

Nor had I but then I don't remember who might be in or out these days  ::)

With the traditions attached to our Governmental system, she should have more respect!

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 08:25:51 PM »

I think she deliberately wore the dress knowing the media coverage it would generate. Presumably she wants to raise her profile for some reason?

Highly unprofessional.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 03:19:34 PM »

Did I see that this particular dress is up for sale?

Sparrow

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2020, 03:05:45 PM »

The dress has just made ?12,000 at a charity auction.

Good for her I say.  Perhaps Boris could auction his hair or Moggy his tophat.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 03:22:39 PM by Shadyglade »

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2020, 03:14:08 PM »

The dress has just made ?12,000 at a charity auction.

Good for her I say.  Perhaps Boris could auction his hair or Moggy his tophat.  ;D

Who in their right mind would pay ?12,000 for that dress?  It just looked like a chain store plain black dress ..... off the shoulder admittedly! 😂😂

Sparrow

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2020, 03:19:11 PM »

Who cares, it's charities gain.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2020, 06:42:42 PM »

Will the Charity gain?   How many Charities are franchised, more than we realise.  We've had discussions with Age Concern recently ..... unless money is paid into a particular shop they don't get it.  If it goes to HQ then it goes they know not where.  Yet.

They have to almost beg to get support from HQ.  It was the same with Cats Protection: the branch that I worked for got ?250.00 per year, had to beg for monies to maintain kennels, buy litter trays and food ........ otherwise they had to be self funding  :'(.  What people don't realise is that any can shakers have to in many cases, give up the donations to HQ.

Sparrow

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2020, 06:54:38 PM »

I think it was the Girl Guides, or what ever they are called now.  Don't think that's a franchise.
Pages: [1] 2