Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

I so need my sleep

<< < (2/5) > >>

prestige:
I'm so sorry to hear that Shadyglade. That must have been awful for you.
I just have a phobia about taking medication and I worry about coming off them in the future. I know if I start taking them, I will start to have anxiety issues about when to come off them. I know it sounds pathetic when you write it down. Alternatively, I can't survive on 1 hours sleep if at all a night, I end up being a total basket case  :'(

I can't seem to be able to make a decision this morning. I phoned in sick at work this morning, but feel really guilty for doing this. Work is pretty manic at the moment, but I really couldn't face going in on such little sleep.

All I know is that round about 9 pm this evening I start to feel anxious about not being able to sleep. I will do all the right things but then get really annoyed at not being able to nod off.

CLKD:
Morning! You are self fuelling the anxiety.  Very easy to do ..........  >:(  :-\.

What's the worst: to rely for a while on appropriate medication or to not sleep?  Once I find a medication that works for me I go with it.  Knowing that it works as designed means that I never need to take more than prescribed. 

Your GP or Practice Nurse can monitor how you are/not coping  ...........

Sparrow:
There are clean medications that have fewer side effects and are not addictive. You really need to break the cycle otherwise it will just get worse.

Another thing that helps me is listening to the radio on my phone, if I wake and can't get back to sleep. BBC Sounds app is great for this.  Listening to a drama or a documentary is distracting and absorbing.  Many a time I have fallen asleep this way.

Sparrow:
Hope you have a better sleep tonight.

prestige:
Hi Shadyglade,

Much better night sleep - thank you for asking.
I was in quite a bit of a state yesterday. So much so that I rang the surgery and by some miracle got an appointment that morning. I saw a different GP who just listened to me talk. Well, I say talk it was more whimpering than talking  ;D
Anyway, I rambled on about being literally frightened out of my wits of taking something that could be potentially additive. I did say it was a total irrational fear...but I fear nonetheless.

She has prescribed a small strip of sleeping tablets (apologies, I don't have them with me, so I can't recall what they are called) and a months supply of Mitrazpine. The deal is that I will take the sleeping tablets jut to end this vicious cycle of not sleeping. Once I have come of them and I'm still having issues, then I will take the Mitrazipine at night and go back to see her in a months time.

Just having a plan in my mind, made me feel a lot better and I left her office feeling a little bit lighter (if that makes any sense).

I would like to thank you and CLKD for being there for me yesterday. I had literally hit a wall and was feeling very desperate. OH was brilliant, but unless you have been through it, I'm not sure how much you can "feel"how that person's pain.

So a big online hug from me  :clapping:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version