Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Positive updates without hrt  (Read 4385 times)

Jari

Positive updates without hrt
« on: February 02, 2020, 06:55:57 PM »

Hi ladies, it is a while since I posted, but I just thought it would be beneficial for others not using hrt to know alternative options can work perfectly well.

I am about 2 years post meno. Shortly after my last period I did get a few months of intense and frequent hot flushes. I was so shocked by it all that I rushed onto hrt and it was the worst thing I did. It gave me terrible side effects and resulted in me having breathing difficulties. I was told to come off it immediately, which I did and these side effects went fairly quickly. Hot flushes came back a bit, but the good news is that they have become less and less. Far less intense and far less frequent. They really do not bother me any more and I feel they will soon be gone altogether. I do excercise and take multi vitamin and omega 3, but I do not really think that these do that much. In other words, I think I would still have had the same experience with the hot flushes whether I took them or not, but it is good to take for health, plus the excercise all helps generally.
Important to keep to recommended weight etc..

I remember feeling quite anxious when the hot flushes started, but it is important for anyone who is experiencing this right now, to know that they will likely pass. The majority of women’s menopause symptoms do tend to pass in 2-3 years, so just wanted to let others know that it is not that bad really. Generally speaking. I know some ladies do have a bad time for longer, but just to remind that mostly it is not that bad.

Just try not to worry or let it get you down and keep a sense of humour! Menopause symptoms do tend to pass..  xx
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 03:50:52 PM by Jari »