Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 190621 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2325 on: July 13, 2020, 02:45:44 PM »

I like the idea of the visor-types - which can be tarted up at Halloween and again at C.mas ;-) and can be wiped down!

Sparrow

« Reply #2326 on: July 13, 2020, 03:17:52 PM »

I mentioned the lack of a Track and Trace app previously.  Do you think the mask wearing idea is to mask (sorry) the failure there.

Most of the Asian countries that wear masks also have excellent Track and Trace apps.  Which is the most beneficial I wonder.

sheila99

« Reply #2327 on: July 13, 2020, 03:54:49 PM »

Perhaps it's a precursor to reducing the acceptable social distance. The only way to keep yourself safe with a mask is to get a medical grade one that the virus can't pass through. Perhaps if they were made available to the public more people would wear them to protect themselves.

Katejo

« Reply #2328 on: July 13, 2020, 04:18:03 PM »

I'm with you sheila,they say you MUST wear them in shops but hey,you're ok in a pub or a restaurant or cafe,it's all tosh,it's the government wanting to look like they're DOING something but they don't actually know what.
Did anyone see the scientist on sky news this morning? He says yes to masks when travelling and like him if working in hospitals with long term contact but he thought in shops when you only have fleeting contact,he didn't see the point. I hate that we are going to be forced to wear them,in Tesco today there were only a few people wearing them,so generally I don't think people really want to,if the virus was going to rocket,it would have done so by now.Like shady,I hate anything near my face,don't even wear tight collars as I hate it,also hot flushes and masks just don't go  :'(

There has also been the argument that the Government is introducing masks as a reassurance to encourage people to return to going shopping and boost the economy. With me it will have the opposite effect. It will remove any enjoyment from browsing in shops and I will just go in and out as quickly as possible for a specific item. They will get considerably less spending from me.

Wearing a mask doesn't give me claustrophobia but I hate the feeling of something covering my face and getting hot with it. Also i can't read facial expression on someone's face. Yes this last bit could occasionally be an advantage if I want to smirk or giggle at them   ;D but the cons far outweigh the advantages.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2329 on: July 13, 2020, 04:39:47 PM »

Jaypo I'm with you I'm stressing about maybe having to wear a mask & I only go to the supermarket once a week. I want to eventually get my haircut but need a mask. My problem it took me 4 hours of searching to find a mask to fit my pretty small face, all adult ones are way too big, some childrens ones were too big & odd one too small, i was getting so upset when I eventually found one that should fit.
I do feel our lives are being very do this, do that, can't do that etc

ElkWarning

« Reply #2330 on: July 13, 2020, 05:21:43 PM »

I've been wearing an N99 mask for ages. I have to. I cycle and breathing in car fumes was killing me. I also have claustrophobia. You get used to it. Desensitization techniques are helpful. I now wear the mask to protect others, on the rare occasions I come into contact with people. I hope the government stops sending mixed messages soon and encourages folks to think in terms of how together we can make a difference.

Interesting article in today's Guardian about how much worse pollution makes  C-19.

CLKD

« Reply #2331 on: July 13, 2020, 05:23:18 PM »

they haven't got a clue ...........  :-\ .......

Also men with beards cannot wear the usual buy-over-the-counter mask.  It does nowt!

Love it Folklass  ;D. that would be blueberry then?

CLKD

« Reply #2332 on: July 13, 2020, 05:26:58 PM »

:whist:  that's a bit of a meander - not that I would know.  Of course  :-X  :P

CLKD

« Reply #2333 on: July 13, 2020, 05:30:29 PM »

Yeah.  Right  :D

CLKD

« Reply #2334 on: July 13, 2020, 05:31:18 PM »

Definitely too late  :rofl:

CLKD

« Reply #2335 on: July 13, 2020, 05:36:00 PM »

Oh - not found those. Yet  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #2336 on: July 13, 2020, 05:59:46 PM »

Looks like his under pants ...........

CLKD

« Reply #2337 on: July 13, 2020, 07:07:53 PM »

They don't cover his face though  :-\ that would be a burka, surely  ::)

Blot

« Reply #2338 on: July 13, 2020, 08:32:56 PM »

I think it’s all bullshit. Make us wear masks for fleeting visits to the shops with minimal contact, if any but you can go and sit in the pub with dozens of others for hours? Explain that to me?
I’d quite happily do it if the rules were consistent but it makes no sense to me.
I drove through town last night and the behaviour outside the pubs was ridiculous. Everyone drunk and hugging etc. Alcohol and social distancing doesn’t work.
So Boris, sort that out before you make us wear masks in the shops.

Sparrow

« Reply #2339 on: July 14, 2020, 05:32:05 AM »

The government think that if masks are introduced it will encourage people to go back out shopping.  I am not convinced by this argument at all.  I suspect people who are scared to go shopping now, still won't.  But people like me, who have been shopping, no longer will. It will be interesting to see how the numbers pan out in Scotland.

I have to say that when I went shopping in Canterbury last week,  the shops I went into one had a handful of customers.  If people are scared to shop I really don't see what difference a mask will make.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 179