Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 184854 times)

Souris

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2025 on: May 31, 2020, 07:21:15 PM »

Thanks for sharing that Souris, really interesting and scarey. x

In a way it's scary, but in another way I found it hopeful, because the more they understand it, the better the chance they can figure out how to fight it.

Sparrow

« Reply #2026 on: June 01, 2020, 08:44:26 AM »

Found this on the Reuters website.  It's not definitive of course but could be signs of hope.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-italy-virus/new-coronavirus-losing-potency-top-italian-doctor-says-idUKKBN2370OP

Joaniepat

« Reply #2027 on: June 01, 2020, 10:13:16 AM »

Thanks, interesting. It would make evolutionary sense for the virus to mutate to a less virulent form. However, we'll see....
JP x

Tc

« Reply #2028 on: June 01, 2020, 11:19:41 AM »

Thanks shady and souris x
I've got to get something off my chest ladies.

"Safe" for those who were sheilding To go outside?   
It's not safe.  It could be but it isnt.   These govt advisors need to come out of their ivory towers and see what is happening in the real world particularly in some urban areas like mine.  Distancing has disappeared.

The self entitled selfish ppl are making it impossible for others to be safe.  Distancing has all but been abandoned by my local shopping parade and supermarkets. The shops have lost control. And given up.

Mum and dad have had to stop going to their local park. Because they cant keep themselves safe due to the behaviour of others.   Everyone in their retirement flats is more scared to go out than ever and it's all purely because of the actions of other people.

The little cafe in  park has opened. Distancing while queuing and serving from a hatch. It would be a simple small  pleasure and bit of normality to have an ice cream in the park which everyone should be able to enjoy if they choose.    But instead of getting their takeaway refreshments and moving away, ppl are sitting and congregating all around the area as though everything is normal.and making it impossible for others to get to the serving hatch without going through a sea of ppl.and taking risks.   

.  It's just one example of many where those who dont care about getting covid or spreading it are turning this and other areas into no go zones for others.  The lack of inclusion is palpable.  It feels truly horrible.

What kind of a society is that.  Where only the worst kind of  people who dont give a shit about anyone else get to enjoy any freedom whilst by their very behaviour making it so others are excluded and dont get to enjoy the same freedoms. ?

Surely freedom is worthless if only some have it at the expense of others.   Bit dramatic of me?  Maybe so. but I see a section of the public taking over these public facilities,  imposing their will at times aggressively so and making it so that only they and others who think like them and share their attitude are able to use them.  and when that has happened historically it has never ended well has it?   .

:'(
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 11:29:46 AM by Tc »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2029 on: June 01, 2020, 11:35:17 AM »

It's easy to forget, I did last week.  :-\

But the Council will have allowed cafes etc. to open under Strict Guidelines.  Which should be printed close to the food outlet and it's up to the seller to enforce these Rules. 

Maybe ring the appropriate Council and ask or the local Police to go have a word?  It is safe outside, it's people coughing, spluttering and sneezing one needs to be aware of.  I find it easier to keep out of the way of strangers than people locally . 

Ju Ju

« Reply #2030 on: June 01, 2020, 11:58:04 AM »

DH met a neighbour this morning, who he had to tell to keep 2 metres away, because I'm shielding. He shouldn't have to qualify why. I always said it would be less safe once lockdown starts to be lifted. I shall carry on as I have, with great caution.

CLKD

« Reply #2031 on: June 01, 2020, 12:01:20 PM »

I think we need to carry an old fashioned builder's ruler ;-) ........ would probably 'get done' for carrying an offensive weapon  ::)

How much chance of catching the Virus now?  SAGE advise caution.  But allowing people 'out'?  One half doesn't know what the other half might be doing??

Jeepers

« Reply #2032 on: June 01, 2020, 12:57:11 PM »

I agree

I somehow feel like I am regarded as some sort of freak for following the guidelines.  As I said earier, my younger sister casually mentioned that her eldest son goes over and stays with his girlfriend then comes back home at will.  My middle sisters offspring seem yo do the same.  My  daughters and I have followed all the rules, not seeing our boyfriends, not going out unecessarily, and not meeting up with the eldest, who lives in another city.  Its been really hard.  (I did see my eldest a couple of weeks ago for a walk on the downs when the restrictions were eased, but we followed all the rules).

When I mention to any of my siblings or Mum about following the guidelines, they react like I am some sort of paranoid over-reactor. 

I think a lot of people have given up on it :-(

Jeepers xx

Kathleen

« Reply #2033 on: June 01, 2020, 01:49:45 PM »

Hello ladies.

So far where I live most people are still observing social distancing. The only ones to ignore it seem to be the young and the very old.

I think the government has tied itself in knots with it's advice which hasn't helped. 

I am going to social distance the best I can until I feel it is safe to do otherwise. I also plan to listen to the advice of scientists rather that politicians who are adding to the confusion.

Take care everyone.

K.

Tc

« Reply #2034 on: June 01, 2020, 02:49:21 PM »

Yes. Lack of clarity is a politicians tool to avoid responsibilty or back up their "advice" in any tangeiable way.

The commandeering of public spaces by some groups of ppl to the exclusion of others shouldnt be allowed to happen. The govt cant or wont stop it. At least they havent yet.  So I dont see what jurisdiction the police have.  Isnt it more of a moral issue at present? 

The type of ppl who have this mindset are not doing it because they forget.  Anyone can forget, we are all human.  That isnt what is happening here.  It's an Imposition of will to the detriment of others.

Sorry but they make me so angry sitting around enjoying our outdoor spaces while stopping others doing the same because  they could distance but chose not to and dont care who this hurts. .  They are among the worst aspect of our society and when I go out now is that all I'm going to see because they've scared everyone else off. ? >:(

Sparrow

« Reply #2035 on: June 01, 2020, 02:52:41 PM »

What's ppi??

CLKD

« Reply #2036 on: June 01, 2020, 03:22:28 PM »

So Jeepers stop sharing?  Does anyone really need to know?  Especially family  ::)

ppi - taxation? - it actually reads ppl - = people ;-)

The Police have powers to move people on ........ have had since the lockdown began.  State of Emergency Laws were implemented quite early on.    People aren't deliberately 'stopping' others ....... there are other times of day too.

Sparrow

« Reply #2037 on: June 01, 2020, 03:24:47 PM »

Still don't get it but never mind.

CLKD

« Reply #2038 on: June 01, 2020, 03:26:26 PM »

:-\ what don't you get ?  :-\

"some groups of people [ppl] " ......... clear as mud.

Sparrow

« Reply #2039 on: June 01, 2020, 03:29:03 PM »

Ah, so it's text speak for people.

I don't do text speak, I have enough trouble with the ordinary kind.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 179