Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 190685 times)

Blot

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2010 on: May 29, 2020, 06:35:39 PM »

I had a call from my dentist today to say that they will be opening from 8th June and did I want to re arrange my check up for the end of June?  Well no thanks.
I?ll wait till things calm down or I have a problem. Don't see the point in risking her or myself.

This nice weather is lovely but is anyone else hoping for rotten weather so everyone stays indoors. Still very concerned that this easing of lockdown is too much too soon.

Sparrow

« Reply #2011 on: May 29, 2020, 06:41:04 PM »

Well we would like some rain for the garden, that's for sure.  People need to get out and about though, and being outside is very low risk.

It is our wedding anniversary today so we had a little trip out.  First to the garden centre and then to a Wildlife Trust reserve at Sevenoaks.  Took a picnic and had a lovely time.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2012 on: May 29, 2020, 06:52:37 PM »

Well done on your celebratory trip !

Sparrow

« Reply #2013 on: May 29, 2020, 07:00:16 PM »

:thankyou:

suzysunday

« Reply #2014 on: May 29, 2020, 07:37:05 PM »

Yes Blot I know what you mean about the weather, it's lovely but people are going mental.  Loads of people using the area I live in, a rave in the woods last Sunday with loads of litter, vandalism at the cricket and rugby club.  Hoards of cyclist riding too fast on the canal path expecting you to jump out of the way.

Barnacle

« Reply #2015 on: May 29, 2020, 08:46:23 PM »

Happy Anniversary, Shadyglade!

Ju Ju

« Reply #2016 on: May 29, 2020, 09:19:26 PM »

I was grilled by my Mum this evening as to what shielding was, why I was shielding, who told me why I had to shield. Grrr! I suppose it's partly my fault for 'shielding ? my parents from how ill I was each time I had to go into hospital. Honestly, you would think I was just being awkward. I've sent my Dad the appropriate links, so he can read about it and then explain to her. Sorry, just having a rant or maybe a temper tantrum!  >:(

Sparrow

« Reply #2017 on: May 29, 2020, 09:31:42 PM »

Happy Anniversary, Shadyglade!

Thank you.  :)

Katejo

« Reply #2018 on: May 29, 2020, 09:42:42 PM »

Well we would like some rain for the garden, that's for sure.  People need to get out and about though, and being outside is very low risk.

It is our wedding anniversary today so we had a little trip out.  First to the garden centre and then to a Wildlife Trust reserve at Sevenoaks.  Took a picnic and had a lovely time.
Happy Anniversary!  :)

Salad

« Reply #2019 on: May 29, 2020, 09:54:12 PM »

I was grilled by my Mum this evening as to what shielding was, why I was shielding, who told me why I had to shield. Grrr! I suppose it's partly my fault for 'shielding ? my parents from how ill I was each time I had to go into hospital. Honestly, you would think I was just being awkward. I've sent my Dad the appropriate links, so he can read about it and then explain to her. Sorry, just having a rant or maybe a temper tantrum!  >:(

Rant away   :)
I think quite a few people struggle with the concept of shielding. Hopefully now you've explained, your parents will understand and appreciate how well you've managed being unwell up until now.
it's not like you've chosen this for yourself -  :foryou:

Ju Ju

« Reply #2020 on: May 29, 2020, 10:21:59 PM »

I'm not sure Mum will understand! Dad will though. Her hearing aids need sorting out, judging by the squeaks they make and her ears are blocked with wax, so talking to her on the phone is hard work. I think a lot of things bypass her. But that doesn't excuse the way she talks to me sometimes.

I think this shielding thing will have to go on for months unfortunately. Silver lining - I am being shielded from mum!  ;)

Sparrow

« Reply #2021 on: May 30, 2020, 05:57:22 AM »

I wonder if you could get signed off by your doctor.  That way you can claim some benefits, which would make life easier.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2022 on: May 30, 2020, 07:28:09 AM »

Ju Ju - my Mum keeps moaning about "Why are the Girls staying overnight, I don't agree with that, why don't they go home?" It's part of her fixation. When I suggested that she asks the Staff why "They won't tell ME Dear, they don't tell ME anything".  Then she tells me that she reads the papers that we arrange to be sent  ::) ........

MayB your Mum doesn't want to understand ?

Souris

« Reply #2023 on: May 31, 2020, 06:52:08 PM »

I just came across this article about how COVID-19 may be not just a respiratory illness but also a vascular one. Incredibly interesting! I thought I would share it.
https://elemental.medium.com/coronavirus-may-be-a-blood-vessel-disease-which-explains-everything-2c4032481ab2

Foxylady

« Reply #2024 on: May 31, 2020, 06:56:53 PM »

Thanks for sharing that Souris, really interesting and scarey. x
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 179