Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 184869 times)

ElkWarning

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #960 on: March 26, 2020, 10:01:31 PM »

I am very sorry to hear that, Donna.

Jilly, holding you in my thoughts.

Xxx

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #961 on: March 27, 2020, 02:43:17 AM »

I think now, that I have it.
I've been trying to blame the recent switch in hrt patches, but I think that my return of meno symptoms has complicated things.
I have been bad for 3 to 4 days now. Sore throat, dry cough, muscle pain, overall weakness and the most crushing fatigue I have ever experienced.
If it weren't for the puppy, I would not have left my bed.
Luckily, I have been isolating in a bid not to catch it. So won't have spread it.
The interesting thing is that about, hmmm, 10 days ago, I had awful pain in one of my eyes for about 24 hours. I wonder, now, if that was the virus getting into my body.
Anyway, sending you all my love. Hoping other sufferers are doing ok. I'm on my own and scared shitless. Beaten cancer twice and this is the thing that's bringing me to my knees.
 :'( xxx
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 03:05:03 AM by pants46 »

Katejo

« Reply #962 on: March 27, 2020, 06:37:35 AM »

I think now, that I have it.
I've been trying to blame the recent switch in hrt patches, but I think that my return of meno symptoms has complicated things.
I have been bad for 3 to 4 days now. Sore throat, dry cough, muscle pain, overall weakness and the most crushing fatigue I have ever experienced.
If it weren't for the puppy, I would not have left my bed.
Luckily, I have been isolating in a bid not to catch it. So won't have spread it.
The interesting thing is that about, hmmm, 10 days ago, I had awful pain in one of my eyes for about 24 hours. I wonder, now, if that was the virus getting into my body.
Anyway, sending you all my love. Hoping other sufferers are doing ok. I'm on my own and scared shitless. Beaten cancer twice and this is the thing that's bringing me to my knees.
 :'( xxx
Really sorry to hear that Pants46. It does sound like it from your description.  Are you having any trouble with breathing? Do you live alone apart from the dog? Could a neighbour help with the dog and keep an eye on you in case things get worse?

Katejo

« Reply #963 on: March 27, 2020, 06:41:02 AM »

Hi everyone. Update on OH.

Had to ring 111 again as he's really poorly.
Couldn't get in touch with anyone there, was in a queue, but they didn't say how many in front of us, so we rang 999.
Told the man what was going on, he asked if he could speak to my OH, so I took phone into him. He asked him a number of questions on how he was feeling!
OH told him he had a temperature of 39, (which has gone  back up) he was sweating profusely, really bad headache, no taste, no smell, bad aches all over body, with pains too.
He asked if he had any breathing difficulties, OH said no, but felt almost 'stuffed up?, but since the fan was on in the bedroom, it was a bit better. ....what he didn't tell him was, he was shaking, couldn't even put his glass down without quivering, and seemed as if he wasn't all there, if you know what I mean. Anyway, the bloke said, You don't need an ambulance, you don't need to go to hospital. Carry on with the paracetamol.
So it seems, as long as you have NO breathing difficulties, you manage at home. Full stop!
I've NEVER seen him so poorly. And we've been together 36 years.  Yes, he's had flu before, but not like this. I'm giving him electrolytes, and plenty to drink. He told me, he's having nightmares when he sleeps, and really vivid dreams, and when he closes his eyes all he sees is flashing lights.

The doctor on Radio Two today said, You don't always get a cough with Corona virus.
But everyone thinks you do. So please be aware, Most people do, but some don't. Just like my OH.
Xxx
So sorry to read this Jillydoll. Really hope that things improve soon. Surprised that some patients don't get a cough given that the virus particularly affects the lungs.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #964 on: March 27, 2020, 06:44:05 AM »

Really sorry to hear that Pants, hope symptoms start to improve for you soon  :foryou:

ElkWarning

« Reply #965 on: March 27, 2020, 07:39:38 AM »

Sorry to hear that Pants.  Please stay in touch if you can.  Is there anything that makes you feel better at all?

Big hugs, EK.

Sparrow

« Reply #966 on: March 27, 2020, 08:30:38 AM »

Fingers crossed for improvement today, Jillydoll and Pants.  :hug:

Sparrow

« Reply #967 on: March 27, 2020, 08:34:13 AM »

Gillingham FC have been given permission to open their canteen for NHS workers.  This will enable them to get a hot meal after a shift, without having to shop and cook.  :)

littleminnie

« Reply #968 on: March 27, 2020, 09:11:17 AM »

Hope you start to feel better soon Pants.  Make sure you keep up with your fluid intake. X

Donnadoobie

« Reply #969 on: March 27, 2020, 09:17:28 AM »

Wishing you a speedy recovery pants.

Jillydoll, hope you husband is feeling better today.

StellaJane, thankfully My daughter has not been in contact directly with her boyfriends aunt for a few weeks.

Stay safe everyone.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #970 on: March 27, 2020, 09:35:58 AM »

I have been noticing how many people are not following the coronavirus advice.     A man who lives nearby is out all the time walking various people's dogs and then sitting with them on a bench up the road chatting to people and also going up his allotment to work. 

My neighbour is going to the other end of the village to visit her sister, Brother in law and 2 adult nieces who have just arrived from London in the last week.  She also goes out several times a day for walks instead of the once. 

We currently have water board workers working nearby and I can see from my house  that they are not observing the 2 metre rule.  They stand around chatting and rubbing shoulders.

I complained to our shop/bakery that staff in there are serving bread and cakes and handling money without even wearing gloves.  They have no markings on the floor either and people just stand right behind you.  Seems to me they are raking in the money and taking no precautions to keep people safe.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #971 on: March 27, 2020, 09:39:08 AM »

It's hard to remember the distance rule, particularly for those living in noisy areas or who may be hard of hearing.

Sorry about the Members here with people affected

It's OK to walk dogs for people but everyone should be keeping a distance.  It's OK to go to the allotment - keeping a distance.  In Italy they aren't allowed to go out except for medications, food or a quick walk around the block - literally and have to carry identification and allowance to do even that.

Sparrow

« Reply #972 on: March 27, 2020, 09:47:21 AM »

Allotment work IS allowed.  If fact my husband was working on ours yesterday, and it is next door to a police officers plot, and she was also working.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #973 on: March 27, 2020, 09:56:08 AM »

It is NOT allowed in Italy.  This could happen here if people don't keep to legal distancing Laws.  Why was a Police woman working on an allotment  :-\

Sparrow

« Reply #974 on: March 27, 2020, 10:00:59 AM »

Because it's her allotment.  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 179