Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 190474 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2490 on: September 23, 2020, 06:33:46 PM »

It will get higher because more people are getting tested!  That's the problem with the media ......... and Boris doesn't help by not giving clear information.  2 of those in East Anglia reported as having died, actually died in July!! and details have were released yesterday.

Do we really need to know numbers? 

Sparrow

« Reply #2491 on: September 24, 2020, 03:04:03 PM »

So Vallance has £600,000 of shares, in a Pharma company, contracted to produce the Covid vaccine.

No conflict of interest then.  ::) >:(

C.C.

« Reply #2492 on: September 24, 2020, 11:31:33 PM »

The numbers are rising again here, most people testing positive are under the age of 40.  These people have been  attending unmonitored social gatherings, and generally hanging out with those outside their bubbles and not following the rules.

There are at least 4 public schools in my town that have at least 1 confirmed case.  No schools have closed but I'm afraid it won't be long before it happens.

CLKD

« Reply #2493 on: September 25, 2020, 07:11:42 AM »

Keeping them together ?  let it run ............. to see how many actually test positive?

Two hoots

« Reply #2494 on: September 25, 2020, 04:11:41 PM »

Local lockdown starts this weekend, by local lockdown the only thing I cannot do is visit family and friends at home but I can meet them in a pub thats already had confirmed cases  :-\ and I cannot leave the area unless its for work or school  :-\ Its ridiculous having pubs open its where it spreading, 4 pubs have been ordered to deep clean after cases  :bang:

Sparrow

« Reply #2495 on: September 25, 2020, 04:15:14 PM »

None of it makes any sense to me TH.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2496 on: September 25, 2020, 06:10:00 PM »

It's crazy TH, you're more likely to get the virus from the pub than at home social distancing.

Two hoots

« Reply #2497 on: September 25, 2020, 06:23:39 PM »

Exactly YG  :hotflash:

Lockdown sounds dramatic but its a token measure  >:(

C.C.

« Reply #2498 on: September 26, 2020, 12:20:57 PM »

I just read an article yesterday about our provincial government is considering cutting back on the list of symptoms for school age children.  At this point if a child has a runny nose, they must be sent home and self isolate for 14 days and see the dr. and/or get covid tested.  Because the schools are sending every child home with a runny nose, the backlog to get tested is almost a week long. They are also considering taking a sore throat off the list. So if this passes, any child with runny nose or a sore throat is ok to attend school. ::)
I work with kids and we have to screen them every morning (home screening done by parents) and we have to take their temp.  We have been told to not allow any child into our school if they have a runny nose or sore throat even if it's a mild cold.  I understand that this covid situation is fluid and always changing but I don't understand why they need to take symptoms off the list.  You cannot be too careful these days, especially with children.

CLKD

« Reply #2499 on: September 26, 2020, 12:22:56 PM »

It's happening in England, but that then puts parents at a disadvantage - they have to stay home to look after a snotty child even though Boris has told everyone to return to work  ::)

Sparrow

« Reply #2500 on: September 26, 2020, 02:54:19 PM »

I have had an email from the NHS today, advising me to download the Track and Trace app.

No thanks.

CLKD

« Reply #2501 on: September 26, 2020, 03:16:34 PM »

It's on all the front pages. Wait and Watch me thinks!

Taz2

« Reply #2502 on: September 26, 2020, 04:25:42 PM »

I downloaded it first thing yesterday. I see there's a problem already though for people wanting to advise of negative results

Taz x

C.C.

« Reply #2503 on: September 27, 2020, 11:36:03 AM »

We have a similar app for contact tracing but not everyone is convinced it works, too many variables must be met before it will give you any result.  Plus the conspiracy theorists are saying the app will secretly gather your private info even though the government has assured that this is not the case.

CLKD

« Reply #2504 on: September 27, 2020, 11:57:53 AM »

Apparently the UK app is done in figures/letters which become scrambled per person and should be discharged into the ether after 14 days.  What happens in those 14 days is anyone's guess - I have read that the scrambling happens a few times per person ........ it's all Double Dutch to me!

1 person gave her details to a restaurant as per C-19 requirements - the next day she was sent a text asking 'how did we do?'.   :-\

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 179