Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 190665 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1215 on: April 03, 2020, 08:47:29 AM »

I'm afraid I have clapping fatigue  :-\ - this crisis could well go on into the Autumn ........  it is known that most in the UK support our workers so once a month is probably often enough.  There are already grumbles round here that 'it does't include the bin men who are out in all weathers'

littleminnie

« Reply #1216 on: April 03, 2020, 09:01:06 AM »

They are always out in all weathers though  :-\

Joaniepat

« Reply #1217 on: April 03, 2020, 09:06:44 AM »

I'm afraid I have clapping fatigue  :-\ - this crisis could well go on into the Autumn ........  it is known that most in the UK support our workers so once a month is probably often enough.  There are already grumbles round here that 'it does't include the bin men who are out in all weathers'
As I clapped last night I thought of the postman (not our usual one) who delivered my mail at ten to six in the evening  :o. Hope he got extra in his pay packet for doing the "late shift".

JP x

CLKD

« Reply #1218 on: April 03, 2020, 09:08:14 AM »

Many Supermarkets are giving bonuses to Staff.

Our postie was here B4 6 this morning, she delivered an item that was posted in Norfolk at 3.30 yesterday afternoon  :o  :-*

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #1219 on: April 03, 2020, 09:30:40 AM »

hearing some of these ?experts? on TV makes me realise how very out of touch they are with the real world. Dr Sarah Jarvis is just on TV telling parents how to cope with their kids while they are all at home.  ?They should all sit down at supper and talk about their day.?   ;D ;D  Does she know that some families don't even have a table let alone know what supper is. 

Two hoots

« Reply #1220 on: April 03, 2020, 09:36:20 AM »

I agree tv are out if touch, how many times are they going to say do an online delivery, it's been impossible to get a delivery  :(

Sparrow

« Reply #1221 on: April 03, 2020, 10:17:48 AM »

I have to say I think our GP services is running very well, despite the virus.

My Son has had really bad sinusitis which got worse yesterday.  He phoned the surgery at 2pm, GP called back just before 5pm, collected ABs from chemist just before 6pm.  Normally that would have taken 2-3 days. 

CLKD

« Reply #1222 on: April 03, 2020, 12:39:01 PM »

However: I put an repeat prescription in on Monday and it's been stopped.  The Surgery rang this morning to tell me that they can't re-issue medication - that I've been taking since 2002 - until a Pharmacist rings me on Monday.  So if I was out of medication ?  >:(  :cuss: I told her that the 'phone won't be answered B4 9.00 a.m..

Wouldn't you think: as we are supposedly in an emergency situation : that this yearly reassessment could wait until the Autumn?  It's not as though my meds have needed altering in recent years ......... I am fuming  >:( as it's ticking boxes. 

Taz2

« Reply #1223 on: April 03, 2020, 01:24:19 PM »

That's good news about the schools. We've been told to expect to stay closed until September. I'm supposed to be retiring in July but it's worrying as to how a replacement can be found before then unless I go back to work for another few weeks maybe....as long as I survive of course!  :-\

Taz x  :)

Barnacle

« Reply #1224 on: April 03, 2020, 02:39:26 PM »

That would be great if the schools do open earlier than the expected September. My DD (14) is having a wobble today. It's not helping that her period is due in the next couple of days, so she's probably feeling a little off anyway. DS (13) is doing fine, although if i'm honest, he absolutely hates school and regularly develops a stomach/head/@rse ache on a Monday morning.

Barnacle

« Reply #1225 on: April 03, 2020, 02:49:49 PM »

Yes Jaypo, they are set their usual 3 lessons a day and the majority of it is then marked online by their teachers. What this has taught me so far is that i am absolutely shite at Physics.  :)

Barnacle

« Reply #1226 on: April 03, 2020, 03:09:23 PM »

Don't worry, i won't tell them Stellajane. For the record, we don't do supper in this house, unless you want to call half a tube of Pringles, a twirl and a can of Coke supper. That was me last night BTW, not the DC's.

CLKD

« Reply #1227 on: April 03, 2020, 03:42:59 PM »

We had breakfast, dinner and tea - Dad had supper usually cheese, biscuits and pickles. 

Duchess of Devonshire began afternoon tea but can't remember which Century: because they ate a light lunch then had to wait until 8.00 p.m. for dinner and she got hungry.  In Wales supper was what we called tea  ::) which caused a lot of confusion. 

I graze which covers all eventualities with chocolate in between  ;D

Tnx Stellajane - I am reactionary and wondered whether my 'nothing better to do' was OTT.  Could it be that they can't process my next 12 months prescriptions without going through the tick list ......... without it they can't press 'go' ?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1228 on: April 03, 2020, 04:00:10 PM »

Hi Everyone,  Thanx Again For All The Well Wishes...Much Appreciated. xx
Looking forward to my cream tea, Birdy, only,  could I have coffee plz, I don't drink Tea. 😉

it's been confirmed today he has pneumonia. Which one, they don't know yet, apparently there's different strains of it. He's really poorly, but hasn't got any worse.
Oxygen still the same at 6, ( flow) they?re sending the Respiratory Team to see him, as they've found some kind of nodules on his lungs. What that means, I don't know yet.
Still no covid19 test result back yet. But they said, if it's negative, he?ll get moved out of the covid ward straight away into a ?normal? ward.
My worry is now, if he hasn't got Coronavirus, he's at risk of getting it because he's been on the covid ward since he went in there. I know they?re trying to stop the spread, but what if?
Maybe I'm worried over nothing. ?  I'm in overdrive.
I'm ok, just bearing up, making myself do things. All I want to do is sit and cry, my life's falling apart around me, but I can't. I cry at night in bed, I cry when in the shower, in fact every opportunity I'm on my own. It helps. I'm praying every day there's an improvement, Doctor said he's going in the right direction, BUT they can change very quickly, so we have to keep a close eye on everyone. ...Hoping tomorrow he feels a little better, and can come home soon. ...thanks again everyone for your well wishes. 🤞 .xx

Taz2

« Reply #1229 on: April 03, 2020, 04:03:09 PM »

You'll survive Taz - just keep washing those hands  ;)

You sound very confident. Are you in touch with a higher authority   ;D

Taz x
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 179