Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bleeding  (Read 887 times)

Deeknitty

• First Flush
Bleeding
« on: January 16, 2020, 02:02:58 PM »

I started continuous HRT a little over two months ago. Never felt better!! However, I'm having a little pink discharge for the last few days. Does anyone know if this is normal. I know you're not supposed to have any bleeding on the continous HRT, but maybe it takes a few months to settle down??

Taz2

Re: Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 02:12:54 PM »

Hi Deeknitty. It can take up to six months for conti HRT to settle down and breakthrough bleeding is a common side effect. It should mention this in the information leaflet somewhere.  :)

It's good to hear that you are feeling much better and hopefully the bleeding will settle down.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Ladybt28

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 02:12:59 PM »

Hi Deeknitty and welcome!
Conventional wisdom says that it takes a minimum of 3 months to settle into an hrt regime and for some of us it takes longer.  If you are trying to balance oestrogen and progesterone levels on a continuous regime, it is quite common to get what is called "break through" bleeding, so don't worry at the moment, I would say perfectly nomal.

Tell us more about yourself and where you are at in your meno journey?

Deeknitty

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 08:13:12 PM »

Thanks for the info. I had my last period 15 months ago.  A few years before that I had terrible anxiety.  Didn't know at the time it was probably due to peri menopause. It took me a year or so to get back to normal, somewhat normal. It was the worst time of my life.  I had been having night sweats for the last few years, then hot flushes for the last year maybe. I first said I'll plow through these symptoms, but the last straw was the muscle aches. I felt 70 and am only 52. The HRT helped most symptoms in a week or two. I am using the estradiol gel (due to a phlebitis incident a few years ago) and the utrogestan tablet, orally - 2.5 months in!    :)

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 09:56:44 PM »

I started continuous HRT a little over two months ago. Never felt better!! However, I'm having a little pink discharge for the last few days. Does anyone know if this is normal. I know you're not supposed to have any bleeding on the continous HRT, but maybe it takes a few months to settle down??
I started full patches in early July but didn't get any bleeding until September. I am still getting it now approx once a month. You might have seen my question about it. I was told to expect it so didn't worry too much but did think it would have stopped by now.