Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: Holidays 2020  (Read 37106 times)

jaypo

Re: Holidays 2020
« Reply #300 on: June 27, 2020, 09:03:25 AM »

Oh fab dierdre,not jealous at all  :o ;D Jill come with us in the motorhome,how cozy would that be  ;D ;D
I understand people being nervous but you could be hit by a lorry tomorrow(sorry morbid) I'm all ready for my holiday that's for sure, I do agree about the cleaning side of things, I just don't trust other people to do it, I clean EVERY single thing in our cabin and always have done,even before Covid as it's norovirus on ships,it's simply about being hygienic,if you wash your hands properly,there should be no problem.Take your own bedding if your worried about pillows and duvets etc

Penguin99

« Reply #301 on: June 27, 2020, 09:50:22 AM »

(Penguin I wish you both all the best. :-*
Thank you, & to you too :)
My husband didn't get his first letter until the middle of April! He even asked his consultant on 27th March does he need to shield and was told NO! Thankfully I did some research and said to him to stay in just in case. We didn't get the phone call from shielding team until 5 weeks in, what would he have done if he was like you and lived alone? I go to work & I dread it, thankfully I'm not round many people at all and anyone that does come up to me is told to distance. Like you Teresa we listen to the government talks and vulnerable people are never mentioned  :'(.  Just left to get on with it.
On the other hand, I'm so longing for a holiday, but it will be next year for us. It'll be my 50th & mine & hubby's 30th wedding anniversary.  Will look for something special. I honestly don't think people should stop having their holidays, you work hard enough for them,  think they should be held back a little bit more, I just hope people aren't stupid like we've seen lately.

Two hoots

« Reply #302 on: June 27, 2020, 10:02:17 AM »

We booked to go to the place we love in Brittany at the end of August, its good news for us that travel is being relaxed.  Last year when we were planning this years holidays the last thing on our minds was a virus sweeping across the world  :o

I also give surfaces a wipe when we arrive and wash the dishes and cutlery, if I can I take my own pillow wherever im staying, not just for hygiene but some pillows are uncomfortable and I sleep so much better with my own.

jaypo

« Reply #303 on: June 27, 2020, 10:25:17 AM »

TH I ALWAYS take my pillow,not only is it a contour one but the thought of my head being where thousands of other drooling heads have been is a big no no 🤢🤢

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #304 on: June 27, 2020, 01:43:52 PM »

You've been on my pillow then Jay? 🤣😂🤣

jaypo

« Reply #305 on: June 27, 2020, 02:09:01 PM »

More than likely but your heads been about a bit hasn't it  ;D ;D ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #306 on: June 27, 2020, 03:05:44 PM »

I used to wash cutlery etc. when we arrived  ;D ........ and avoided anywhere that charged for my dog because I always cleaned up behind her.  A tenner to run a hoovers-thingy around when it might have been money for old rope, nope. 

I'm enjoying staying at home and having trips in the area ;-).  Especially today  ;D

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #307 on: June 27, 2020, 07:16:51 PM »

Think I've lost a full head of hair on pillows over the years. 🤣😂🤣

jaypo

« Reply #308 on: June 28, 2020, 09:03:27 AM »

The places we used to go to charged 50 (this site won't let me do a pound sign) and then it would be refunded once they'd check the dog hadn't made a mess,it's only fair really,some dogs can wee if left or chew things,not ALL dogs are well behaved but I agree Diane,it's always the owners

CLKD

« Reply #309 on: June 28, 2020, 09:07:38 AM »

Our lets didn't allow pets to be left behind.  Not that we would have done so because that was the whole point, to take  :scottie: somewhere new :-).

jaypo

« Reply #310 on: June 28, 2020, 11:13:09 AM »

Yes but unfortunately clkd not all dog owners are responsible   >:( our dogs LOVE the motorhome,they've been running in and out of it since we got it,first trip in a couple of weeks woohoo

Donnadoobie

« Reply #311 on: June 30, 2020, 01:14:30 PM »

Don't know if we have done the right thing.

our holiday cottage in  Ireland, due to go on 29th August, has been cancelled by the owner.

Instead, we have booked 10 days in Spain, to stay in our own apartment and to visit my Mother in Law.  My husband had not been able to see his 89 year old  Mother since New Year. 

prices were cheap for the fights, just worried we may not go and worried about the flight if we do!

jaypo

« Reply #312 on: June 30, 2020, 01:23:13 PM »

Don't fret Donna,you'll be ok,take all the usual precautions and all will be fine,I personally CANNOT WAIT to go on holiday

Taz2

« Reply #313 on: June 30, 2020, 01:27:23 PM »

Don't know if we have done the right thing.

our holiday cottage in  Ireland, due to go on 29th August, has been cancelled by the owner.

Instead, we have booked 10 days in Spain, to stay in our own apartment and to visit my Mother in Law.  My husband had not been able to see his 89 year old  Mother since New Year. 

prices were cheap for the fights, just worried we may not go and worried about the flight if we do!

You'll know more tomorrow after the supposed announcement about quarantining and air bridges etc. I guess. It's quite a while till August so things will probably change by then. How lovely for him to be able to see his mum after all this time!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #314 on: June 30, 2020, 02:22:57 PM »

Go for it Donna - lots of hand gel and I believe that masks are required around the concourse and whilst flying?  If your property hasn't been used during the pandemic, a simple wipe down on arrival and a feather duster to shoo out any spiders will be enough housework!   

One-use gloves become sticky and give a false sense of security.  Far better to use a good gel.  There may not be food on board so mayB take some ginger biscuits whilst in the flight?  I expect that the air line might tell you more?

How has MinL been?  Well locked in?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33