Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: hairloss on estrogen hrt  (Read 589 times)

Sammiejane

hairloss on estrogen hrt
« on: December 07, 2019, 07:45:31 PM »

hi ladies

as u all know since i started hrt estrogen only i had hair shedding quite a lot and have just come across this in the internet

Female hormones. Taking female hormones can trigger hair loss. Oral contraceptives (birth control pills) and hormone replacement therapy can lead to hormonal changes that may cause your hair to fall out. Hormonal medications that been known to cause telogen effluvium and female pattern baldness include birth control pills, estrogen, and progesterone.

so i've made the decision to stop my hrt and see what happens to my hair this was advised my dermatology as they believe estrogen has triggered telegen effluvium !

i didn't have issues with combined pill in my past but whether it's because it unopposed estrogen i don't know and have always had combined pill but i'll only know for sure if i stop it !

Anaise

Re: hairloss on estrogen hrt
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 07:28:47 PM »

My hair loss has stopped now Sammie. :)

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 07:42:24 PM »

Hello Sammiejane

I have no knowledge or experience of your symptom but a lady I chat to occasionally was treated for cancer and her hair loss never did recover after treatment.  The last time we spoke she said the hospital were going to investigate her ovaries as they believed they were the reason for her hair loss.

Sorry I can't help further but it seems her doctors had made the connection between hormones and hair loss.

Wishing you well and keep us updated.

K.

Sammiejane

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 10:11:23 PM »

hi anaise

lovely to hear from you have you stopped the estrogel now ?

just to remind me you have had a full hysterectomy with ovaries removed x ?

can i ask how old you are ?

i'm 40 and have stopped mine only 2 days well not through choice my little boy has been in hospital so have not managed to take it but i may stop a bit longer just to see no improvement yet ! if not and continues to shed i'll know it's not the gel and then i shall take all 3 hormones !

are you planning on going on a different hrt or staying off it x