Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Flu jab reaction?  (Read 3711 times)

Sparrow

Re: Flu jab reaction?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2020, 03:40:30 PM »

I saw that on the BBC news this morning sheila99. They are discovering new things all the time.

Out of interest, how many of the ladies who are not having a flu jab will take up the offer of the coronavirus vaccine ?

I haven't made my mind up about either yet.

Sparrow

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2020, 06:48:06 PM »

Really interesting article on how the effectiveness of both the Covid, and flu vac, are calculated.

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20201120/p2a/00m/0na/008000c

Katejo

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2020, 07:58:22 AM »

I saw that on the BBC news this morning sheila99. They are discovering new things all the time.

Out of interest, how many of the ladies who are not having a flu jab will take up the offer of the coronavirus vaccine ?

I haven't made my mind up about either yet.
  I have had the flu jab and will definitely get the Covid vaccination when available.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2020, 09:20:28 AM »

Isn't that over loading the system?  I would expect to wait 8-9 months between each.
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

suzysunday

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2020, 11:40:11 AM »

My general health anxiety makes me wary of the covid vaccine.  I am no way anti vaccinations, just concerned that it hasn't been around that long for long term side effects to show.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2020, 12:27:59 PM »

I think that by the time that the general public get offered the C-19 jabs., probably into the New Year, any side effects will be noted. 

suzysunday

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2020, 12:39:16 PM »

But vaccines are trialled a lot longer than a few months.  Side effects could take months to materialise.  Also it's a new type of vaccine. 

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2020, 12:48:58 PM »

Often new medications are trialled due to constraints in the various countries, then they have to be passed by i.e. NICE.  This will be carried out but with a faster time scale.  Apparently.

It would seem that there will be several available eventually.  This current jab doesn't need to be frozen therefore can be transported more easily. 

Sparrow

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2020, 07:43:55 AM »

Still no sign from our surgery, as to when the 64s and will be offered the flu vaccination.

I had sort of decided to miss out the flu one and have the Covid vaccine.  Especially as it is a low flu year.  However read about a survey of UK doctors in a medical mag. Apparently 4 in 10 doctors will decline the Covid vaccine.

Now I'm back to square one.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2020, 08:05:11 AM »

We have had 2 letters about the 'flu vaccine, 1 from the surgery sent in Sept., another by NHS in a long letter which we received last week.  DH has booked his appt., the wait is a week. I'm on the fence.

Sparrow

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2020, 04:09:56 PM »

Still no sign from our surgery, as to when the 64s and will be offered the flu vaccination.

I had sort of decided to miss out the flu one and have the Covid vaccine.  Especially as it is a low flu year.  However read about a survey of UK doctors in a medical mag. Apparently 4 in 10 doctors will decline the Covid vaccine.

It isn't straightforward at all but it would seem that 6 in 10 doctors would have the Covid vaccine

I understand where you are coming from Hasty, but this is not lotto.  I expect better odds where my health is concerned.

Katejo

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2020, 04:43:22 PM »

Where did you see the claim that 4 in 10 doctors would refuse a Covid vaccine? I had my flu jab a month ago. I chased it up with the GP but could have had it done in Superdrug if GP had delayed it any longer.

Sparrow

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2020, 06:25:04 PM »

It's a medical magazine called Medscape.

I had to register to read the whole article but it's free.

Our GP website still says wait to be contacted for the flu vaccination.  Nearly December now.  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2020, 09:23:16 PM »

DH made his appt earlier this week for next Friday.  The Surgery rang me this evening to ask whether I would like to go and have mine at the same time.  Talk about wasting NHS money  >:(

If we had wanted that option, we would have asked for it.  I am not keen anyway and told the Nurse so.  I prefer to wait.  If DH is OK then I may consider it, purely because we have a pandemic situation.

Kathleen

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2020, 10:51:21 AM »

Hello ladies.

I was offered a flu jab from our surgery but it was first come, first served and I missed out. Boots are offering the jab free to over 65s but as I am 64 I will need to pay. I don't mind that but when I tried to book I was told they had run out and to keep trying. It looks like I may not get a flu jab at all this year. I don't know how worried I should be. Incidentally I have never had  the flu nor taken up the offer of a flu jab.

Take care ladies.

K.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5