Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: LATEST UPDATE FROM BRITISH MENOPAUSE SOCIETY ON HRT SHORTAGES 26 NOV 2019  (Read 2340 times)

Hurdity

***LATEST UPDATE FROM BRITISH MENOPAUSE SOCIETY ON HRT SHORTAGES ***as at 26th Nov

Hi there everyone

Thought I would post this as a separate update which I found while searching for something else this morning! I have posted it on the long-running thread but may get lost amongst all the individual reports about specific HRT types and personal queries....

https://thebms.org.uk/2019/11/british-menopause-society-further-update-on-hrt-supply-shortages-26-november-2019/

Very comprehensive list it is too - so looks like the situation may well improve soon judging by the dates on the list - fingers crossed!

Great to know they are on the job (BMS!).

Hurdity x

Dotty

Re: LATEST UPDATE FROM BRITISH MENOPAUSE SOCIETY ON HRT SHORTAGES 26 NOV 2019
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 11:42:08 AM »

Thanks, Hurdity.  Fingers crossed it gets better xx

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 02:47:35 PM »

***LATEST UPDATE FROM BRITISH MENOPAUSE SOCIETY ON HRT SHORTAGES ***as at 26th Nov

Hi there everyone

Thought I would post this as a separate update which I found while searching for something else this morning! I have posted it on the long-running thread but may get lost amongst all the individual reports about specific HRT types and personal queries....

https://thebms.org.uk/2019/11/british-menopause-society-further-update-on-hrt-supply-shortages-26-november-2019/

Very comprehensive list it is too - so looks like the situation may well improve soon judging by the dates on the list - fingers crossed!

Great to know they are on the job (BMS!).

Hurdity x
Thanks Hurdity
Why is utrogestan on the Red List in many areas if there is no shortage?
sorry for the question.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 03:23:13 PM »

Dandelion I'll answer on the Utrogestan availability thread  as you've posted there too :)

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 03:59:12 PM »

That's funny Lola50 becaise I have just this minute posted an update about this on one of the Duavive threads and now just seen yours!

Hurdity x

Foxylady

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 10:28:08 AM »

Thanks Hurdity, really appreciate you sharing these updates with us. x

Butterfly22

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 11:34:50 AM »

Fab news, fingers crossed xx

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 08:03:02 PM »

I always had a 'feeling' about Duavive that it wouldn't be around for long, Hurdity. It always seemed like a step backwards to me in the current trend forward of moving into developing new bioidenticals. We need more options on those! I had heard a whisper that we may be able to get the Estradiol transdermal spray soon? If so, that would be a marvellous option for women to try.

Hi Lola

I wrote to the manufacturers re Lenzetto and reported their response in full on this thread:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39420.0.html

In a nutshell they said:

"This product is licenced in the UK, but not launched.  Launch is expected early in 2020, so watch this space"

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 08:04:11 PM »

Thankyou Hurdity.😊

This is the rumour that I'd heard....so it's looking hopeful by the sound of things. 👍

Do you think you'd give this a try yourself? It's tempting, as it sounds easy to use and I have read a few reports of users Stateside on it (women who have also had oophorectomy, like myself).

We tend to find that because Estradiol has a relatively short half life that daily dosing of transdermals like the gels can be a bit iffy for getting stability. Some are OK, but for those who are sensitive to ups and downs like myself with my migraine situation it is a bit too rocky and split dosing is better, but not as good as having a relatively stable dose as with patches.

Dosing gels more than once a day is a pain in the proverbial too - especially with waiting for it to dry before covering the area.

With the Lenzetto, it's more 'spray and go', so it could be easily achieved to apply more than once if needed and quite discrete if you are on the go.

I know some women get the heebies about applying to arms as it's closer to the breasts, but women I have communicated with in the States say that this is not a worry due to the immediate drying of the product so much less risk of accidental transfer. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

More options are definitely welcome here - especially with how awful the situation has been this past year with supply issues!

Hi Lola50 - I haven't really looked into it (the spray) as yet so have no thoughts  ::) !! However although I know it will be unbelievably convenient I worry about squirting the stuff into the air ( I know it's supposed to be applied directly onto your skin but some will surely escape?). Also I wonder about the pharmacokinetics in the body -  ie how the product is absorbed and excreted over time by the body? I wonder if there might be rapid absorption and then decline although I am sure the pre-launch trials will have looked into this? If it didn't work then it wouldn't have passed the efficacy trials. At some point I'll read about it but would reply on a Lenzetto thread!

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 11:06:17 PM »

Thanks Hurdity. Very useful.

Taz x   :)

Lanzalover

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 12:51:32 AM »

Thanks for the update Hurdity

I am currently using Lenzetto ( purchased in Spain) and as Lola50 has said it's quite an ingenious little thing. Due to design (it's sort of cone shaped)none of the product escapes and it's nearly dry by time you lift it off your arm.

It's applied on the inner forearm between your wrist and elbow or can be applied on your thigh,I put it on my inner arm near to wrist and it's completely dry in seconds.
For me it works exactly the same as the gel but I have only been using it for about 4 weeks so far.

I would give serious consideration to swapping to this product when it's available on the NHS as there's no hanging around waiting for it dry and none of the hassle of trying to remove the residue of patches etc it's a much more user friendly product.

Lanzalover x

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 09:00:11 AM »

Interesting Lanzalover to have your feedback.  Glad it's working for you :). I think there is a thread on this so would be good to have updates etc from women using it. Maybe I will see although I didn't get on with the Sandrena gel.....The  convenience is very tempting!

Lola50  "the proof is in the pudding, as they say". The version of this I know is "the proof of the pudding is in the eating"  - a bit longer!

Hurdity x

JayJay

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 02:11:12 PM »

Thanks for the update Hurdity

I am currently using Lenzetto ( purchased in Spain) and as Lola50 has said it's quite an ingenious little thing. Due to design (it's sort of cone shaped)none of the product escapes and it's nearly dry by time you lift it off your arm.

It's applied on the inner forearm between your wrist and elbow or can be applied on your thigh,I put it on my inner arm near to wrist and it's completely dry in seconds.
For me it works exactly the same as the gel but I have only been using it for about 4 weeks so far.

I would give serious consideration to swapping to this product when it's available on the NHS as there's no hanging around waiting for it dry and none of the hassle of trying to remove the residue of patches etc it's a much more user friendly product.

Lanzalover x

Hi
Very interesting.
I would be keen to try this.   The gel dries quite quickly in the summer, but in this cold, damp weather it can take ages.
And then it comes off inside my leggings!
J

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2019, 02:48:36 PM »

Jayjay I'll bump the Lenzetto thread for you - it gets difficult to find info when it's all over the place!

Lanzalover maybe you could add you info to that thread to as it will be really helpful to other women when it gets launched here - being a current user that you are!?

Hurdity x