Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: ECG today shows occasional ventricular premature complexes  (Read 1484 times)

yellowflower

ECG today shows occasional ventricular premature complexes
« on: November 22, 2019, 03:53:13 AM »

So here I am wearing a 24 hour holter monitor after having my ecg done this morning. The ECG showed "occasional ventricular premature complexes"

Just a bit of back story. I had a hysterectomy and multiple repairs done last year. I was not menopausal at that stage and kept my ovaries. In the last 6 months (at age 54) I am pretty certain that I have reached menopause. I had an ecg done in May last year just prior to my hysterectomy and it was OK. The nurse in the hospital notice that when he took my pulse, I was skipping beats and should have an ecg. I told him I had one prior to my operation and it was OK. Fast forward to about 6 months ago and I can "feel" my heart beating when I lie down in bed at night. No other symptoms except for some very minor heating up at night that does not cause sweating. So I decided to get the skipped beats checked out due to this new symptom at night.

Would be interested to hear of other people's experiences with this type of issue. I get my holter results next Thursday.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: ECG today shows occasional ventricular premature complexes
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 09:22:48 AM »

Hi!  hearts are such a worry when we become aware of them.  A few years back DH would stop breathing - the silence in the room would wake me.  I also noted that his heart did silly beats ......... which have changed again  ::). GP suggested that he loses weight which helped with the apnea .......

Was there any info given to you when the monitor was fitted, did the technician show any concerns?

Tracey E

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 04:43:37 PM »

Hi Yelloowflower, I have ectopic beats bought on by taking Hrt containing Estrodrial. Get them mainly when in bed at night or after a meal. I was taking Vagifem but have been off that for a week now and they seem to be diminishing. I've just started taking Vogel sage tablets, which are ment to be good for bloating and flushes. We shall see..

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 05:00:07 PM »

I think you should try and push for an ECHO, but then again i say that to everybody ;D 

Tracey E

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 05:04:08 PM »

I've had an ECG, 24 hr monitor and an Echo Tinkerbell, I hoping once my body has weened itself off the HRT things will fall into place. I've felt much better the last two days. No hot flushes either. 😊

yellowflower

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 09:50:19 PM »

I think you should try and push for an ECHO, but then again i say that to everybody ;D

My brother is an ED doctor and he has suggested an echo along with potassium, magnesium and thyroid testing. When I see my doctor for the results of the holter monitor, I will see what he suggests. I will speak to him about what my brother suggested.