Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Stopping hart looking for alternatives  (Read 3163 times)

Spangles

Stopping hart looking for alternatives
« on: October 24, 2019, 05:04:40 PM »

Hi Ladies,
I'm trying very hard to come off hurt. It's been 2 months since I took utrogestan and I've got the evorel down to 25 from 50, so hopefully I will be able to get off that soon too. Some symptoms are returning, e.g. dry skin, dry mouth, tiredness mood up and down and high anxiety today.
I take an AD but I would like to try something natural but I know that somethings aren't possible because of the AD, such as St. John's Wort.
Can anyone recommend anything or share advice/experience?
Many thanks
Spangles
xXx

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Stopping hart looking for alternatives
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 06:46:49 PM »

Hi Spangles
Don't know much about the natural route, only that my sister in law took Wild Yam...
She said it was good for her...she didn't take hrt at all.
Sorry, that's all I know..some one will post soon with more knowledge and experience.
xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 06:32:43 PM »

Think about what symptom you want to ease first?  Then do a search via the alternative room. Some find benefit until their hormones begin fluctuating.  After all, menopause is natural.

Wobbles

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 11:54:19 PM »

Hi there Spangles,

You may find these symptoms are your body adjusting to the reduction of the hormones you've been supplying it and the ADs also adjusting to the drop. In my experience hormones take yonks to get in and out of the system and to balance (in the longer term) anyway.

I've been on ADs in the past and found that dry mouth was a side effect anyway so it may be more pronounced now that you've reduced your hormones from your previous regime but that was just my experience.

I have found that reducing any stimulating things in your diet is helpful. For me that was cutting out caffeine in all forms, tea, coffee, cola, anything fizzy, alcohol, smokes if that's your thing and sugar. Up your intake of water too and your general exercise eg walking, cycling, swimming, yoga, tai chi etc and if poss keep or increase your social life. Anxiety can take over and be very debilitating. You may notice a difference in lifestyle can help your digestion as this can also slow with fluctuating hormones. You may be doing all these amazing things anyway!

I'd also recommend you get the best quality multivit that you can afford and check on Medscape, rxlist, drugs.com (UK database), etc for possible issues. If you want to go belt and braces there's always the British National Formulary. It's really for clinical practitioners (sp?) but the info on it is, just, wow!

W x

Tracey E

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 07:11:56 PM »

Vogel Sage has kept my hot flushes at bay.. :)

Wobbles

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 08:51:33 PM »

Traci - interesting that you mention sage as it has massively helped with my gastritis and general digestion issues. It isn't just used for flushes as I previously thought. There's more to sage than meets the eye - all good I think. I like Vogel too.

Tracey E

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 10:04:18 PM »

Traci - interesting that you mention sage as it has massively helped with my gastritis and general digestion issues. It isn't just used for flushes as I previously thought. There's more to sage than meets the eye - all good I think. I like Vogel too.

Hi Wobbles, do you use Vogel sage?