Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Agnus Castus, Red Clover or both?  (Read 2501 times)

KaraShannon

Agnus Castus, Red Clover or both?
« on: November 20, 2019, 10:25:52 PM »

Hi everyone

Having done a bit of reading about hormone imbalance to try and work out if I was low in oestrogen or progesterone.

I think for a while I was low in progesterone and at that time was getting a lot of heart skipping and palpitations.  Now I seem to have swung the other way, a nice calm heart, but feeling like I'm close to having a period all the time, or having it, then stopping for a week then having it again, etc.

And unfortunately what seems to have arisen with this is every time I sneeze or cough I wee myself slightly, I say slightly, but enough for it to be a problem.  If I'm wearing trousers it wouldn't show on them, but it shows on my underwear and it's more than a teaspoon, maybe two, sorry TMI, lol.  I know if I go back to an 'ovulatory' part of my cycle, everything seems to tighten up again, so now I'm thinking I need to address this imbalance.  I've asked the doctor's if I can try an oestrogen cream.  There's a message for me waiting at the surgery, so I will see what they say.  But I'm worried about any form of HRT, I had a benign mass removed from my breast ten years ago and I'm already taking levothyroxine which is a hormone therapy.  That said, it could make me feel a lot better.

Other than that I'm wondering whether to try taking Agnus Castus, or Red Clover.  Agnus Castus used to really help me in the past with pre menstrual syndrome, but I wonder if it did that by raising progesterone (which I think I've got enough of).  So perhaps I should try Red Clover? 

Would love to hear other's experiences.  Thanks  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Agnus Castus, Red Clover or both?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 05:41:01 PM »

Never too much info on here, nor in your GP surgery!

I would suggest that you see a womens' physiotherapist.  Some can practice pelvic floor exercises, for other ladies it's a 'no no!'

Some find that alternative therapies help initially but benefit is lost when hormone upheaval takes over.  Do read our threads on vaginal atrophy which requires localised HRT to keep symptoms under control.  4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there ........

Put the two products into the search box and see what pops up, make notes.

Sparrow

Re: Agnus Castus, Red Clover or both?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 08:51:01 PM »

Kara, Angus Cactus is worth a try but have you considered Black Cohash. It certainly helped me.

I quite understand that you don't want to take HRT, not all of us do.  Explore the Alternatives section as there are lots of threads with useful non HRT suggestions.

Good luck.