Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Exercise?  (Read 2732 times)

Andi70

Exercise?
« on: November 14, 2019, 11:06:26 PM »

A new gym opened up very close to our home recently and opening offer was £5 for the month! I joined and this is my 2nd week, not knowing exactly what to do I decided to start couch to 5k again but this time on the running machine (I have attempted this before but running outside over a year ago just before heatwave) anyway I'm not enjoying the running machine but really want to get fit at 49 years old and slightly over weight. What has everybody else done at the gym any hints or tips for getting started again!
Tia

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Exercise?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 03:05:00 PM »

We have several threads about exercise: cycling, running, swimming ......

:welcomemm:

Browse round. Make notes.  Brisk regular walking is good for bone health.  Don't forget too that housework counts as exercise as does gardening.  Lifting the ironing board, taking laundry up/down stairs, making bread ......... weeding and tidying in the garden also counts as well as getting fresh air.

Put cycling for example into the search box?   When I needed to tone up I borrowed a puppy, it took 14 months of almost daily walking to get back to feeling comfy.  I would never join a gym - too organised.  On my 50th birthday I joined the swimming group, I never went after that day  ;D