Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Elleste duet - newbie  (Read 1439 times)

Littlep

Elleste duet - newbie
« on: November 13, 2019, 05:40:27 PM »

Hi, firstly sorry for the long post, I do eventually get to a point 😳 I am 44 and my doctor confirmed I am perimenopausal just 6 weeks ago. For around 2 years I have been back and forth to gp and hospital for investigations for heavy and irregular bleeding.  Everything came up clear. Around 3 months  ago I started with the most horrendous acne on my face I have ever had, at its peak I had 13 cystic lumps and my face was really sore and inflamed. Around this time I started to have really disturbed sleeping patterns, I was an emotional wreck one day and full of rage the next.  I felt terrible. I went back to my GP and I requested a blood test for a hormone imbalance as I believed this must be the cause for my acne. It didn't even cross my mind it could be menopausal symptoms. After 3 blood tests all taken 2 weeks apart all tests for fsh levels were between 99-105 and I was offered HRT. It's been a bit of a shock really, not sure why as we all know it does happen. On the 3rd week of taking the HRT I started having quite bad anxiety. One particular day I was driving to work on the motorway and felt a complete panic come over me so bad all I could think of was getting off ASAP and going home. I couldn't face anything and didn't make it to work. Been like this for nearly 2 weeks now and don't know if it's symptoms or side effects of medication! Can anyone advise who's been on this tablet longer if it gets any better?? And is anyone else suffering from severe acne? Thanks for reading if you made it to the end!

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Elleste duet - newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 04:28:09 PM »

Hi Littlep
Sorry can't help with the Elleste duet side of things, but anxiety and panic attacks are all symptoms of meno...so is the mood changes...it's advised to stay on the hrt for at least 3 months to see if it's going to suit you, that's as long as you can put up with any side effects...if not, change to another.
It can take some time for the hormones to kick in, I suffer anxiety, and my hrt tablets have made it better, I'm on femoston conti, and now only get it mild, and occasionally.
Hang on in there, did the doc give you anything for the acne?
Good luck, let us know how you get on, oh, I know someone's posted on here before about using JUST a clean warm flannel on their face for spots,  and they said it worked really well for them. Nothing else, just that...
Oh yeah!  :welcomemm:....
Keep posting,,........I'm sure someone will post soon with more advice and information.......x jd.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 08:01:06 PM »

Hi Littlep

:welcomemm:

I have never taken oral HRT so can't help with that - sorry.

However - the progestogen in that one is testosterone derived so could be the cause of your acne maybe?

There is another tablet HRT which has a better progestogen in it - closer to our own hormone - this is femoston 1/10 or 2/10 so might be an idea to switch to that one if your symptoms do not subside. It's usually advised to take a particualr type of HRT for 3 months to see whether side effects settle.

Another option as you are still young is the contraceptive pill designed for peri-menopause because they contain estradiol - the same hormone as in our body and in HRT. These pills are QLAIRA  and ZOELY.  I  think Qlaira would have the better progestogen - one of the newer generation type (don't know much about these!). These would at least calm your mood swings as they suppress ovulation so you should feel less of the peri-menopausal rage! There is some information here: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/contra2.php

Keep reading as much as you can from the info on this and other websites so that you can ask for treatment in an informed way!

Let us know what you decide and how you get on and hope you get sorted soon :)

Hurdity x

Littlep

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 01:21:10 PM »

Thanks to you both! I'm also on antibiotics for my skin! I'm having such a bad day today and I'm 4 days back on the ‘white pill' I feel like I really can't cope today! When will it stop!

squeaker99

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 03:15:14 PM »

Hi. I had horrendous side effects with Elleste duet. My already high anxiety felt more like mania. It was quite sudden and frightening. I tried to carry on for about two weeks.   I phoned my GP and was told to come off it.   I saw a Meno consultant a few years later when I was still having periods but struggling with anxiety/insomnia symptoms who advised Patches instead  - a gentler way of getting the active ingredients apparently. So there are alternatives. It does not help that everyone seems to react in different ways to HRT and again to different types of it. It is not like taking paracetamol. Maybe put a call in to your GP. If you don't feel you can talk to them try a new GP.