Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: I have been changed from Femoston 1/10mg to Kliofem 2 mg/1mg  (Read 1655 times)

Flossiepuffs

• First Flush
I have been changed from Femoston 1/10mg to Kliofem 2 mg/1mg
« on: November 06, 2019, 08:17:54 PM »

Hello,

I was quite happily taking Femoston 1/10mg but this became out of stock and I have been given Kliofem 2mg/1mg instead.  Am I right in thinking this is completely the wrong one for me - I am perimenopause and the Femoston was a low dose.  According to this website Kliofem is for meno/postmeno and is a 'high' dose.  Any advice on what would be a suitable replacement for the Femoston 1/10mg for me would be very gratefully received.  Why on earth is Femoston out of stock anyway - has it been discontinued for some reason?

Dotty

Re: I have been changed from Femoston 1/10mg to Kliofem 2 mg/1mg
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 08:46:17 PM »

Hi yes you are right...Kliofem is for post menopause and has double the amount of oestrogen.

There is no direct equivalent of Femoston. You could try Elleste Duet 1 mg if you want a tablet or switch to Oestrogel and Utrogestan x

Flossiepuffs

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 08:59:30 PM »

Thank you, I'll look into the pros and cons of those two, assuming they are available.  Difficult to understand why supplies of a particular medication suddenly disappear...

KiltedCupid

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 11:04:05 PM »

Flossiepuffs - I think there's still Femoston products available online. You can order and send your prescription just as you would with a high street pharmacy, I believe they send the meds on receipt of the prescription. Oxford Online Pharmacy still seem to have some. It might be worth asking your doc for a bigger order so you know you've got some back up given recent shortages.

Good luck.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 08:41:22 AM »

I have to meander a bit and say how much I love the name 'flossiepuffs'  ;)

Is that U in the 'photo?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 09:10:57 AM »

Hi flossiepuffs - according to the Mylan HRT hub https://mywayhub.co.uk/en-gb/range Femoston products are all still in stock so you could get your local pharmacy to ring round a different supplier maybe to get some for you? The BMS website gave an update on HRT shortages (23rd September) and said under the Mylan entry: "If you have difficulty obtaining supplies please contact Mylan Customer Service on: [email protected]" .

Hurdity x

Flossiepuffs

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 06:38:31 PM »

Wish that was really me in the photo!!  & I think the name Flossiepuffs was inspired by our rather overweight fluffy cat!  Thanks for your help - that's good news re the Mylan website comment - I will put that to my GP surgery and see what they have to say  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 08:14:36 PM »

Have a look-see at the web-site and make notes? Then have a chat with your Practice Nurse or if the pharmacy is next to the Surgery have a chat with them.