Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Confused.com.please help  (Read 715 times)

Pinkamanda

Confused.com.please help
« on: October 28, 2019, 08:25:35 AM »

I have been on evorel sequi for about a year now and been fine, then suddenly out of the blue my hot flushes and sleep issues came back, I went to the gp and she has given me Femoston 2/10mg to try, I am not sure when to start taking them as I am half way through my patches and am having a heavy bleed at the wrong time ,I'm half way through month so not even started my evorel combi patch , has anyone else experienced this or started taking tablets after the bleed please??
Thankyou

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Confused.com.please help
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 10:15:41 AM »

Why did the GP alter your regime?  Was there an explanation?  You could ring and ask; or visit a Pharmacist to discuss, they have private rooms these days.  Or put the product names into the search box on the Forum and see what pops up, make notes ;-). It sounds like you need a hike in dosage. 

Pinkamanda

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 03:53:24 PM »

The GP said that I might not be on strong enough dose and because there is an issue with getting the patches she said I could try the femoston tablets, I would rather stay on patches but on a higher dose if I could :(

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 12:55:04 PM »

Because there's a shortage of patches Pinkamanda, the doctor probably thinks you'd be better on the tablets. If I were you, I'd just stop the patches, leave it for a couple days then start the Femoston. I think some would just switch straight away, but if your bleeding at the wrong time, I think she should've investigated more as to why...
Could you go back and ask if you need to have a scan? It's pretty straight forward, and would put your mind at rest. Then you could ask if it's ok to just switch hrt straight away.
Maybe she's thinking the higher dose Femoston will stop the bleeding?
Let us know how your getting on...xx