Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Peri menopause and anxiety  (Read 4999 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Peri menopause and anxiety
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2019, 02:13:55 PM »

It is rare that 1 person in the World will have a medical condition! so most of us are 'within normal limits'  ;)  :whist:  I think we worry more at our age because we haven't peer support - when at school there was someone to have a moan with and an answer for ...... now we know more and have access to less than useful information on the net. 

I work on the premise that if I haven't lost weight it ain't going to be terminal ;-).  I've had a constant daytime cough for 12 months and now my GP is doing investigations ..........  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2019, 02:18:00 PM »

Have you done the asthma test clkd

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2019, 03:02:18 PM »

Not yet.  Apparently reflux related  ::)

AgathaC

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2019, 04:59:44 PM »

On a serious note, what Jeepers and I say about a diary is very true. My health anxiety often returns to similar worries - boobs, digestion, throat, skin. By noting down what I worry about and the date and my particular symptoms, it's really helpful to return to. So looking back I can see that my current health worries were also foremost in my mind in August 2018. They are not better, but not are they worse!  This can (not always - otherwise I would/could just stop worrying!!) reassure the sane half of my mind that it is really is just a worry rather than anything too real. I probably haven't explained that very well because the worry is real even if I manage to tell myself that I've had it before. Wishing everyone well tonight xxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2019, 05:07:26 PM »

My phobia ruled my Life 24/7.  No room for any other worries ........... indigestion is that: not a heart attack though as it's the same time every night it happens.  That the cramp is not a DVT as it's happened B4 .......... but in the early hours it's not easy to reassure myself!

Booroo

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2019, 06:42:19 AM »

Gillyv oh yes everything is o god I must have got this then it's o I must have that it's a very frightening time isn't it
Hard to reassure yourself at times cos you then hear someone say I started like that and now it's terminal,,,, yikes

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2019, 08:50:02 AM »

It's trying to get things into perspective that's the hard part,health anxiety ruled my life at one point,every minute of every day, I'd been to hospital as I'd a recall after a mammography and there is a big history of breast cancer in my family,then I'd to have a lump removed from the back of my throat (just a skin tag) and thankfully all has been ok but your body goes on high alert at these times and it all became too much for me then every little ache and pain was oh,it MUST be something this time and it spiralled out of control,it was probably one of the worst times of my life,if you can ride through the storm,you WILL come out the other end,fluctuating hormones with the meno cause it all and if you can grasp on to that and think rationally you'll get there,my saving grace was this site and the help I got from the wonderful women on here,I'll never forget their kindness 😊

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 02:12:15 PM »

What do we fear the most about a 'worst' diagnosis?

For me it's lack of pain control.  I have spoken to health professionals who tell me that end of Life drug control is good.  Why then are people left in agony until the next dose is 'due'  >:(. We all die.  But I'm not ready yet  ;)

Rainy kelly

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2019, 08:16:35 AM »

Morning
Finally feel like I've found all the voices in my head chatting on the same page .😍..
New here....anxiety Has got me too..as a previous sufferer I thought it was old panic attacks from years ago coming back to Get me but seems the meno had a trick up its sleeve I didn't know about...just started to write diary when mine kick in( normally early hours) mainly to divert my train of thought.,helps a lot but at my worst I can't even sit down and pace the house....sorry to hear you girls also have it as I really wouldn't wish it on anyone and if you never had them before I can imagine that was a shock it was as well as many of the other symptoms we get ,..

R x

jaypo

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2019, 09:01:59 AM »

Hi rainy kelly,morning is always the worst for it, I had to give up running as had to have an op on my foot and after that,that's when it set in,I'd panic attacks many years ago but for a very different reason,so yes,when this anxiety hit me,like you,I'd no clue that the meno could do this to a woman but coming on here made my anxiety drop so much but by then it had led to depression and I'd definitely never had that before, I couldn't stomach ADs so just weathered the storm,eventually I think my hormones started to settle down, I do still get little bouts of anxiety and always in the morning but it seems to settle as the day goes on. I really hope this forum helps you like it did me

Larkspur12

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2019, 09:13:51 PM »

Hi lump in throat come and go seen 3 different gps all happy that nothing untoward and anxiety with ibs can cause upper gi problems I don't have friends as such I don't trust that many after couple of so called ones have dropped me in poo over th years and my proper friends are younger and nit going through it so don't have the chance to discuss so that winds me up I guess and other people can't keep their mouth shut and what you tell them ends up doing the rounds!
You sound just like me. I also have lump feeling in my throat that is driving me crazy, I've come to the conclusion that mine is a combination of reflux(bad since starting hrt) and anxiety (which I had never experienced before all this nonsense kicked off 18 months ago). A lot of my friends are male and the female ones aren't going through all this yet, and if I'm honest The female ones haven't been at all supportive. I'm 41 and I'm peri according to the doctor. It's a very lonely place sometimes  :foryou:

Booroo

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2019, 06:54:58 AM »

And not to mention the digestive issues does anybody else have ibs and what symptoms do you get and wha causes your flare ups? And what meds you on please xx

jaypo

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2019, 08:47:43 AM »

I'm on mebeverine(colofac) it really has helped with cramping but you need to take them every day 20 mins before food,that was the advice from a dr,I'm always suspicious of the diagnosis of ibs as it covers a HUGE amount of symptoms,I'm a big fan of people doing an intolerance test,since I found out I was wheat and nut intolerant and cut them out of my diet,what a difference

Booroo

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2019, 04:09:25 PM »

Larkspur12 it's weird how you can for days without digestion problems then eat something and then bit of indigestion then health anxiety and nervous stomach and it all kicks in

Booroo

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2019, 10:00:36 AM »

Well it's upoed the anti on anxiety now! Been back to gp as unsure if having reflux sweet taste in mouth dry mouth etc so on peptac acid to shut door on acid coming back up but can't take it after breakfast cos my other meds need to stay in me to work. I have asked for endoscopy he sthinks I have hiatus hernia causing reflux and is pretty sure sure nothing else
In meantime trying not to panic I'm having sedation no question about that just want it over and done with need support from you lot you really do help xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3