Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Meno and hypothyroidism, weight piling on?  (Read 4034 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Meno and hypothyroidism, weight piling on?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 10:06:16 PM »

Interesting that a monopoly is actually illegal in the UK.  So how can NICE and the Government of the Day sanction one manufacturer for a medication that is essential?

Maybe now that we have a New PM  :-\  :-X you should go straight to the top.  Suggest it to your Prof., get him to draft a letter on your behalf that you can present to No 10 ;-) ......... can't remember the name of the Minister for Health but a copy to him/her too .......... working on the premise of 'if we don't ask' etc..

Surely correct treatment in any speciality means less spent down the line - or am I being thick as well as stupid  :-\

Wrensong

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2019, 09:10:55 AM »

That is interesting CLKD - I had been told there was now only 1 manufacturer for the UK supply of T3 - maybe that was incorrect. 
I've just done a search to see whether I can find out, but have not come up with the answer.  So will delete that bit from my earlier post in case erroneous.

That's the other thing about T3 - there has long been controversy over whether it is in fact essential.  Too upsetting to go into that here!

Too tied up with other health probs to take on the stress of writing to the new PM, CLKD & I trust that all that can be done by those senior Endos with the power to advocate for patients, is being done.

Penelope

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2019, 07:08:03 PM »

Hi Wobblebits I am Ten days in on HRT.I have had thyroid issues all my life that have never been picked up till last month.14 years ago I found I had a double nodular goitre and I also had a baby with birth defects.Over 25 years my TSH 3 and TSH 4 have been in the normal range.my weight went up and down like a yo yo.So Please ignore them when they tell you that!The symptoms and quality of life I have had over those years have been horrendous.
Finally I asked to have a Thyroid antibodies blood test done.And bang diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis.Every symptom I had been feeling was real.
Anxiety
Depression
Panic
Heart palpitations
Feeling hot or cold
Fatigue
Sore joints
Are just a few of the symptoms
It beggars belief how many symptoms a person can have that doctors ignore before they put two and two together.Please just push and push you know how you feel honey xxx. 
Pages: 1 [2]