Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hemorrhoids and Menopause Any link?  (Read 15384 times)

Hemorrhoids and Menopause Any link?
« on: September 23, 2019, 06:33:49 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Had anyone been having hemorrhoid issues since menopause?
For the most part I am regular. But I have notices on and off more on I have been having hemorrhoid problems.
I told my GP on my yearly exam of the problem. Drink more water and exercise is what she suggested. She sent me for a FIT test. (Colon cancer screening) Wouldn't you know it came back with blood in my sample. I am so upset about this. I can't get in for 2-1/2 months for a colonoscopy.

Foxylady

Re: Hemorrhoids and Menopause Any link?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 06:58:23 PM »

Hi 07drichard, I had issues with haemorrhoids over a few years, culminating in a day spent in a surgical ward having a thrombosed one excised & drained (not an experience I wish to repeat!). Following on from this the consultant arranged an out patient appointment for a colonoscopy (think it was 2-3 months later). Everything was fine, no issues & since I've had no reoccurences although I have greatly changed my diet, lost almost 3 stone, drinking lots of water & since being diagnosed as peri on HRT. I have had problems off & on since childhood re constipation but I didn't suffer from haemorrhoids until approximately 4 years ago. I've not heard of the FIT screening test, is it due to family history or your age that they arranged this? I know easier said than done but try not to worry about it & see it as reassuring that the GP hasn't arranged it as urgent for the colonoscopy! x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 07:11:43 PM »

Pregnant ladies suffer don't they ........ so hormonally linked.

As can be bowel problems ...........

Sparrow

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 08:32:47 PM »

My husband has had piles practically ever since I've known him so definitely not meno related in his case.  ;D

I understand that they are related to varicose veins and that fits.  Both my husband and his mother had both.

Rosie63

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 06:08:57 PM »

Hi ladies. This thread caught my eye because I'm suffering with an uncomfortable feeling around my bottom at the moment.  I do have haemorrhoids but the discomfort is underneath and then up around my back passage.  I think I posted about this before some time ago.  From my own personal view I think it's the HRT that's causing it because it goes when I stop taking it.  I almost feel that my glands are swollen as my throat is is hurting too.  Any ideas why this might be ?

Thanks.

Rosie63 x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 06:10:13 PM »

Pre-menstrually my bottom felt like it would 'fall out'  :o

Foxylady

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 08:19:30 PM »

OOh, I feel lucky now or maybe not - if my b ;Dottom fell out I'd have lost weight easier!!

Lyncola

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2019, 10:06:51 AM »

Hi
I have had Hemorrhoids now on and off for 11 years. 10 years ago I even thrombosis (I ended up in emergency, 6 blood clots removed from my ass, very very painful).
I get Hemorrhoids bad about two to three times a year, and the last three years started bleeding with poo at times.
I've been premenopausal for a year (I'm 45 years old) and have had Hemorrhoids since mid September about three weeks of bleeding in that time, maybe a week with no Hemorrhoids, but every day I've got it.
I survived by salt baths, a homemade witch hazel liquid, which I stick on a cotton bud and stick right next to my bottom and over the counter medicine, which I try not to use much. I have a very high fibre diet of 30 plus grams a day. I've had two colonoscopy and have both internal and external Hemorrhoids.
It's normal for me to get Hemorrhoids before Christmas, but I definitely feel it taken me a lot longer to get rid of them then normal. And I put that down to premenopausal. I'm hoping by the end of January or February it will have gone away.
One day I will hopefully be free off them. :'(