Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1439 times)

Viwi

« on: September 23, 2019, 06:17:12 PM »

Hi. I'm 33 y.o., live in Middlands and on Feb 14 2019 I had Total Histerectomy with Oophorectomy.
I'm pharmacy technician/IT graphic designer. I'm sorry for my English - it's not my mother tounge :)
I spent 4.5h in operating theater, as they found that my whole peritoneum was in endometriosis, and they had to clean it - I felt bad for them as they were performing key hole surgery :) On next day I was at home feeling better than before surgery :) 2 weeks later I satrted with Fem7 50 - but had to change to Evorel 50 as glue in Fem7 was giving me a unplesant reaction. Now except swellings in my ankles - the dose is probably to high for me (my ovaries never worked properly), but my GP don't recomend to lower it to 25 as there is no information that 25 can protect from oseoporosis - I'm feeling fine :).
Well... from friday I don't know what I will do as any patches are unaviable in my lovely city... and I can't take tablets as I have stomach ulcers. I'm also severly alergic for many things and have underworking thyroid (well there is also problem in pharmacies with suplies of Levothyroxine so I'm not happy lately). I'm a mum of 2 girls and with my husb we plan on adopting third one as obviously I can't have another one :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 06:35:49 PM by Viwi »

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 12:19:21 PM »

Hi Viwi...       :welcomemm:

If you go to ‘treatments ‘at the top of the page, go to Hrt preparations, and you'll see all the oestrogen
Hrt,s there. I know there's a shortage of some of them at the moment, so maybe an idea to ring a pharmacist and ask what is actually available in your area...? I'm in the midlands too, but I'm on tablet form hrt, and no problem with that one at the moment.
Good luck with it all, and good luck with the adoption, what a great thing to be doing.....
Let us know how your doing, and ask anything you like, someone's always on to offer help and support.

Jd xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 01:15:18 PM »

:welcomemm: browse round.  Make notes ;-)

Viwi

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 09:10:59 PM »

This meds shortage will send me to mental hospital or to jail...
Today I wanted to order my prescription online... all fine and great, I send the note that Evorel is not aviable till mid 2020 so I would like to ask to change it permanently for Estaderm MX 50 - as it is aviable in pharmacies.....  my request wasnt even send to GP - lady from prescriptions just send one to my pharmacy... for Evorel... seriously??? Now I need to go tomorow morning to my pharmacy, windraw this prescription, go to GP and again went through hell at GP practice to get Estraderm. and for tomorow I have tons of things to do, but who cares - right? I'm affraid I will tell tomorow what I think about this :/ Probably will have to change GP after that :/

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 03:54:21 PM »

Hi Viwi

Not sure if I  have done so already but if not :welcomemm:

This is ridiculous and I think will send us all mental too! Some members have got around this by getting the GP to change the prescription to "Estradiol 50 mcg" which means that the pharmacist can dispense any available patch. Maybe when you go back to your GP you can do the same? Maybe you can do it by phone or online if you have an online account with your doc? Sorry this is probably a bit late and hopefully you've sorted it by now without too much aggro!

Good luck!

Hurdity x

Viwi

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 04:28:50 PM »

Huridity - you are resquing my skin with this info  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*.
Because they changed my patches last month now for another one I need to go check my BP on Wednesday and wait for GP to call me what we are doing next. Not that last month I had my BP checked... and from stres that I have now I can have higher... well - I will talk with GP.
I'm on hydroxizinum from yesterday - too much stress :(

Thank you a lot sweet.

Viwi

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 04:40:03 PM »

Get a home BP test kit!  My DH always has white coat syndrome so takes his BP B4 breakfast at the same time and hands the readings to the GP.  3-4 weeks of even readings is fine.

Viwi

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 10:21:10 PM »

I have BP monitor at home - my husband need to check it, but in my GP practice is required that I need to come there for visit... it IS stupid, but well - their rules. And it's only once - one month after starting HRT - but as they change it monthly for me now... well, I belive next month I will have to go again :)