Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen/Progestogen Ratios  (Read 876 times)

Lolafraola

Oestrogen/Progestogen Ratios
« on: October 31, 2019, 12:53:22 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering whether anyone is on a regime like mine - been trying to work out if I am taking the right ratio of both hormones but can't find anything which clarifies  ???

I use 25mg oestrogen as an Evorel Patch and 100mg Utrogestan on alternate days (Vaginally). I feel ok on this but a bit concerned about endometrial build-up.

Tx v much,
LF x

Hurdity

Re: Oestrogen/Progestogen Ratios
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 05:33:37 PM »

Hi Lolafraola

There is no set ratio - it depends on the dose of oestrogen and the preparation/dose of progestogen as well as your body! Also where you are in menopause and how long have you been on this regime?

Evorel 25 is a low dose and as a general principle, on average half the amount of vaginal progesterone is needed compared with the oral dose (off-licence) - so alternate 100 mg vaginal utro may well be sufficient to keep your lining thin. Should be done under supervision of your doc and ideally with a scan or two in the first year to see how your womb lining reacts. As always any abnormal bleeding should be reported. if you've had none of this and you have been using it for some time then that's a good sign - still ask for a scan though if it's been a while.

Hurdity x

Lolafraola

Re: Oestrogen/Progestogen Ratios
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 05:29:16 AM »

Hi Hurdity,

Thanks you make some good points. So to clarify.
I have literally just re-started the regime a week ago (to combat the migraines and so far it has! pretty fast work which suggest the migraines are almost certainly due to hormone spikes).

Planning a scan in Jan though I may stop the HRT well before then (again depending on the migraines - have a neurological appointment booked in April - been cancelled twice already over the past year so fingers' crossed this one goes ahead). I am a year and half post meno now.
I am currently overseas but will book to see my GP on my return at month end and discuss with her. My real concern was the endo build-up because I had severed endometrial hyperplasia around 20 years back - nothing since but still...

Thanks again,
LF
x