Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just started HRT HELP!!  (Read 2463 times)

Rosalinemac

Just started HRT HELP!!
« on: September 03, 2019, 12:42:48 PM »

Hi

I'm 45 and a new member, I have had peri symptoms for around 2 years so decided to go onto HRT mainly to protect my bones.  My symptoms have been Insomnia, waking up hot but not sweating, mood swings and zero sex drive along with very sore joints.

I am on day 3 of Elleste Duet 1mg and I'm starting to feel a bit weird.  I'm feeling slightly anxious as I sit at work and type this, feeling sick and a little dizzy and I have a strange headache almost migraine like.  I know these tablets come with side effects but I was wondering how long they last as I have a bit of health anxiety and convincing myself I'm really ill.

Thanks

Rosalinemac

Re: Just started HRT HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 12:52:07 PM »

Just to add another side effect (I think) my brain has stopped working as I just keep forgetting things and what I'm doing  :o Its freaking me out a bit and I'm wondering if I should stop taking them.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 12:57:04 PM »

The body can take a bit of time to adjust and settle. Make sure you eat and drink small amounts regularly through the day. It's early days yet - keep going. DGx

Rosalinemac

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 01:12:38 PM »

I really hope its a quick adjustment because I'm feeling pretty rank at the minute and a lot worse than before I took them.  Thanks for your advice though, I will keep drinking.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 04:27:09 PM »

Rosalinemac

:welcomemm:

Just to add what time of day are you taking the tablets? If you are taking them in the morning maybe switch to taking them at night or even in the evening so that the peak time for blood levels and any digestive issues fall when you are asleep?  Also what was your cycle doing in the time leading up to starting HRT ie how often were your periods and was your cycle variable in length and flow? Sorry I can't help more with this as I've never taken tablet HRT.

Hurdity x

Rosalinemac

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 06:41:17 PM »

Hi, I'm taking them in the morning and think I'll stick with this for next few days at least, see how I go.  I feel much better tonight in fact I feel more hyper and active but hopefully this will calm down as I'm so in need of a good nights sleep.  My last period was June for 3 days very light before this was April and before that January which lasted for 3 weeks.  I'm going to keep a log on here as I think it might help me and hopefully help anyone else taking these tablets for the first time.  Another thing I've noticed tonight is that my hearing is extra sensitive :o

Rosalinemac

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 09:24:11 PM »

I've come to bed and doubled over with extremely bad guts.  I feel sick and my head is pounding.  I'm also feeling a bit panicky and wondered if starting HRT was a good idea?  Can I come off these tablets at anytime or do I have to finish the course?  I know it's only been 3 days but I feel horrendous.

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 09:41:04 PM »

Its not a course, lovely, so you can stop anytime. Can you switch to transdermal, rather than pills ?
Also, it's only been 3 days ... maybe you have a bug, and it's not the pills ?
Hot water bottle for your tum, and paracetamol for your head.  Hope you feel better soon.

Rosalinemac

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 05:12:46 AM »

Thank you for replying, I don't think this is a tummy bug it's definitely the tablets.  I'll keep going as it's only been a few days.  Think I'll switch to taking them at night.  I've had the worst nights sleep, hopefully today (day 4) will be better x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 06:38:38 AM »

Morning.  I found with any medication that the nausea is the worst part !!   :hug:

Rosalinemac

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 08:07:10 AM »

The nausea is awful, I'm going to try taking them at night but a bit apprehensive as I don't want to be waking up having a panic attack  :-\ The only positive thing at the moment is my mood has changed from being angry all the time to being a lot calmer.  A good nights sleep would be good.

Rosalinemac

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 08:23:57 AM »

Day 4 and I've just taken my tablet (morning) see how I go  ???

Rosalinemac

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 05:08:01 PM »

Today I've had a great day, I've been happy all day to the point that nothing bothers me at all, even oh toothbrush that's always left on the side full of toothpaste hasn't bothered me.  I feel as though I'm waiting for a massive come down. I've not felt aches and pains on my joints all day, no headaches and no nausea today.  I even feel slightly sexier lol.  The only symptom I have is a really bad taste in my mouth.

I'm confused though as is this the way I use to feel before peri because I can't remember ever feeling this good.

Hope it lasts!!

Kathleen

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2019, 05:59:46 PM »

Hello Rosalinemac and welcome to the forum.

I am a lot older than you and didn't start HRT until three years after my last period. As I was going it alone  I got into the habit of keeping a symptom diary, much as you are doing here. This  has been very useful to look back on and I must say, your experiences so far look fairly familiar!  Hopefully you will have more good days than bad days but bear in mind that mood swings can go both ways until everything settles. I also had a strange taste in my mouth caused by changing hormones. It was a metallic taste and occurred in the early stages of my first pregnancy.  Not menopause related but definitely hormonal!

Wishing you well.

K.

Rosalinemac

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2019, 09:17:56 PM »

Hi Kathleen, thanks for your reply.

As the night has gone on my mood has come down slightly which I'm fine with as I was starting to feel a bit wired iykwim.  I'm just hoping for a good nights sleep tonight and see what tomorrow brings.

The taste in my mouth is metallic as you've described, it's very strange and I'm so thirsty I'm also eating more so will keep an eye on that too.

Xx
Pages: [1] 2