General Discussion > One Life, Live it, Celebrate it!

What a weekend!

(1/4) > >>

Focus:
I was away with my fiancé. We climbed Ben Nevis on Saturday and then lay in a hot tub under the stars at night.

Honestly, one of the best weekends of my life.

The weather was quite bad on Saturday, we had to walk through a waterfall about half way up the Ben, the rain had been utterly torrential all the previous night and for most of the morning . My fiancé was totally fine with it, he's unbelievably fit and isn't phased by anything like that. I was a bit nervous - but I did it!! I'm still a bit shell shocked.

CLKD:
 :foryou:  crikey.  Would U do it again ?

Were your legs stiff  ;D

Perinowpost:
Well done you Focus, I'm impressed x

Focus:

--- Quote from: CLKD on September 02, 2019, 12:09:00 PM --- :foryou:  crikey.  Would U do it again ?

Were your legs stiff  ;D

--- End quote ---

Oh gosh, I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Yeah, a little. I've got a long standing back injury, so when that kicks off it affects my hips/pelvis and knees as well. But I had no problems going up. I was definitely fit enough for that part. I just need the fuel in my body for that. I'm not a big eater, so it's taken me a while to work out what I need to eat on the day to be able to do these things.

We're already planning a two munros-in-a-day for our next adventure :)

Focus:

--- Quote from: Perinowpost on September 02, 2019, 12:17:55 PM ---Well done you Focus, I'm impressed x

--- End quote ---

Thank you! It was definitely an ambition for me (as I'm sure it is for a lot of people) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version