Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Feeling strange  (Read 1377 times)

marshytiger

Feeling strange
« on: August 04, 2019, 05:45:35 PM »

Hi I am 56 and had my last period Dec 2018, since then every month I have a headache and feel strange,( hard to describe) for about 10 days. I have had an head scan and all clear, which is reassuring, they are now sending me for full blood test. Just so tired all the time too.
Can anyone relate as it's very hard to explain just how I feel.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling strange
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 06:03:44 PM »

You may have hormones still whizzing round.  How were you during your menstruating years.  I would be weepy the night B4 a bleed even when a period wasn't due.  I knew.  It was there the next morning.

Do you keep a mood/food/symtom diary?  Is the feeling nausea: light headedness?  Sometimes I feel suddenly dizzy - no other way to describe it - enough to make me go 'oh' but I don't fall, it's probably due to a trapped nerve when I move my neck suddenly.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 04:28:14 PM »

Hi Marshytiger.
Menopause! I think we've all had weird feelings, we can't explain, they just make us feel sooo ill.. it's unbelievable how hormones can make us feel....they totally rule us...
If things start to get too much for you, you can always consider hrt? Don't know if you've thought anything about it, but I didn't start it until I was post meno...and now it's kicked in, I'm much better....maybe have a think about it?
Good luck anyway, keep posting....
Jd xx

juliemargaret

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 01:49:08 PM »

How u feeling birdy

JJS

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 02:34:10 PM »

Yes, I also had this, I could only describe it as water being poured inside my head and a weird felling down the side of my head/face. Like you, I had head MRI/MRAs and after months of consultants etc realized it was the menopause.  The printable handout for partner/husbands (somewhere on this website!) lists the 35 symptoms and it was a revelation to me. HRT has helped with the majority of the symptoms for me. Good luck and I hope you start to feel reassured and hopefully better soon - big hugs x