Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Feeling sick  (Read 760 times)

Sammas

Feeling sick
« on: August 16, 2019, 10:35:50 AM »

Hi I've been feeling sick for the past week both before and after eating.  Any advice? Thanks x

Sammas

Re: Feeling sick
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 05:08:40 PM »

Just wanted to say this is with indigestion and tiredness Anyone had similar?

Foxylady

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 07:10:36 PM »

Could be reflux (gastrooesophageal reflux disease) might be worth trying Gaviscon or Ranitadine see if it helps, or do you take anything already? x

Sammas

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 04:13:24 AM »

Foxy lady, I have used Gaviscon to no avail Didn't know if any supplements might help, just not sure which? X

Foxylady

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 09:07:01 AM »

I have IBS and reflux, now taking Ranitadine twice daily & probiotcis (Optibac twice daily). I have also changed my diet & lost a good amount of weight, generally my reflux and IBS symptoms under control now. I would recommend vitamin D generally to all in the UK as it is a deficiency which affects the majority if not all of the population, good for lost of health issues. Otherwise have a read up & see what supplements suit you, dependent on other health conditions or medications you take. I was taking flaxseed but it is a phyto oestrogen so am trialing being off it to see if it helps my symptoms as it can affect absorption of thyroxine which I am on. Hope you find something that works for you! P.s I also drink mainly de caf tea/coffee and have my last cuppa at 6pm. x

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 10:46:05 AM »

Reflux always made me nauseous, I take omeprazole but it's prescription only,I've also cut out a lot of foods,for some reason fluctuating hormones cause more upset than you can imagine,I'm now intolerant to wheat and cutting it from my diet has worked wonders