Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Please help! Should I come off HRT? If so, how best to do it?  (Read 2033 times)

pricey

Re: Please help! Should I come off HRT? If so, how best to do it?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 05:39:28 AM »

Hi Sheila, does utro also come as a pessary then or some form of gel?

Thanks for helping x

Jari

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 06:51:44 AM »

Hi pricey, the utrogestan comes as small capsules. You can put them up vaginally or you can take orally.

The estrogen gel you just rub into thighs and it absorbs through skin.

Keep us posted how you get on with it! X

Crazee Haze

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 09:20:30 PM »

Reading Pricey's blog and it could almost be me.
I have decided to come off my HRT.
The headaches were unbearable. I thought perhaps I could take a tablet every other day but started bleeding as soon as I missed a day so stopped them immediately. I have been taking elleste duet for a year. 3 months on the 1mg and 9 on the 2mg. It was the tablets containing both hormones that did not agree with me. Horrendous headaches and my mood was so low. Progesterone being the culprit.
My gynaecologist has also recommended the mirena but I had an awful experience having a coil fitted before and have refused this option.
So far I am managing the bleeding by taking tranexamic and mefenamic acid 3 times a day for 4 days but it runs a risk of a blood clot if taken for longer.
I bled for weeks at a time before taking the HRT, to the point of being anaemic and was put on the POP at a double dose which stopped me bleeding. I find it confusing that I cannot tolerate progesterone in my HRT.
My request for a hysterectomy was refused as told other less invasive solutions need to be tried.
I have heard of progesterone pessaries which can be inserted into vagina at night and therefore less side effects. Which may be an option but for now I am off my HRT.
One week in and my head feels great. I'll keep u all posted 🤗

Pages: 1 [2]