Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Hair and Beauty 2  (Read 38681 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hair and Beauty 2
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2019, 11:29:41 AM »

Caviar for the face  :D  :o ..... does it smell fishy?  We use a lot of 'Nivea' in this house. 

Kalinka

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2019, 12:07:31 PM »

I like the scent of Nivea. It reminds me of childhood holidays.

M & S Sleep Cream is good (I find).

Padine

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2019, 06:41:27 PM »

New crisis girls 🥴 the skin on my chest (is that the décolleté?) looks like worn leather and all very wrinkled. I never put cream lower than my collar bone, so I look like my chest doesn't belong to my face. I usually giggle at myself being a bit vain but feel the opposite now. I'm surprised at myself but turning 60 in June has made me feel very depressed (and ashamed)
We have recently heard of a few sudden deaths of distant friends - their relatives have something to be depressed about, not silly me with trivial worries. What's happening to me?
   Padine x

Padine

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2019, 07:12:00 PM »

Thanks Mckay Girl, yes I use (Olay regenarist) day and night cream. Do you think my chest skin will recover?
Padine x

Padine

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2019, 10:05:13 AM »

Is all soap too drying? How about Simple soap - I do like lather and hot water to wake me up!
                              Padine xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2019, 08:55:45 AM »

Hi, I personally don't like simple products. I use a Nivea cream at night, it's in a blue small tub, can't remember it's proper name, but it's for sensitive skin, and it's almost like a balm, too heavy for daytime, but good for night time, I've the same problem with my chest area, the deep set wrinkles drive me mad, but when they're we'll moisturised, they don't look so bad....also, I found that every night, I use Vaseline on my lips, and rub whatever's left on my décolletage, and it really helps...🙂..for your face, I wouldn't use any kind of soap, instead I use clearasil face wash, it has tiny little bits in it, so it's a scrub too, and I love that....
To get rid of make up and dirt, I use L'Oréal cleansing milk, and toner, (they're in pink bottles) maybe 3/4 a week....they last for ages.....xx
Oh, why are you ashamed of your age? Don't be, I understand what you mean tho, it's like how did we get here? 😄.....I'm 55 in Dec, and sometimes I think, omg, I'm FIFTY FIVE!!!....wtf.......😂 xx

Padine

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2019, 09:36:34 PM »

Oh Jilly, you're a youngster at 55 🤗! I know what you mean tho 😦 I have never had a wrinkle on my face at all, thank goodness for my oily skin! My neck+ chest are a different story and I don't like the vain person I seem to have turned into 👿. Thanks for your Vaseline tip, I use Euricin on my feet so will try that on wrinkled chest, the consistency is same as Vaseline but the tube is a huge 200mls so never ending! Will report back.
Using Garnier micellar cornflower organic right now and it feels so cooling and calming, smells of a French lavender field but not overpowering-I love it. JW retinol serum and Olay regenerist cream (1/2 price in Boots, day, night and eye  cream all for less than £30 + double points 😇 ) CLKD's tips sorted out my spotty skin 4 weeks ago - this is just the info I was hoping for on this thread!
Off to grease up my wrinkley chest now and put on warm
pjs, hot water bottle and a good book 📖 nite-nite, sleep well!
    Padine 💤 💤 x

Padine

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2019, 07:58:07 PM »

Hello again  :veil: isn't it cold outside? My lips and hands are very sensitive to the change to cold weather, I have enough lip salve to set up a shop and I have become allergic to something in the No.7 lip crayon thingey that was fine in the summer. Astral now do a Shea butter cream which is very sticky, but lasts for hours on my arms and legs and the smell is divine  :yipi:

Just thought I'd report back about Biotin. I took a large dose every day for 9 or 10 weeks back in June/July and my nails were wonderful. When it was finished, I didn't bother with anymore as I thought my nails would stay in the same good condition. Went for a shellac gel when we went on holiday in Sept and since that stuff came off (I was lazy and picked it off - very bad move) my nails are on the worst side of awful (if such English is allowed!) I'm going back on the Biotin in an effort to rescue nails for Christmas. Can anyone recommend a good cuticle oil and do you think it really makes a difference?

:thankyou:
                        Padine xx

jaycee

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2019, 09:28:09 PM »

I have been taking Biotin for my hair and nails, nails grew very strong and they were quite flaky at the beginning ,due to me using glue on nails, they were terrible, biotin made a big difference
Sadly hasn't helped with my hair loss, but the hair I do have has grown and keeps growing, and I mean within days, I cut my fringe last Friday as it was getting in my eyes ,had to do it again today, could hardly see for it
I have cut my hair 4 times in as many months and it is growing like weeds

KiltedCupid

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2019, 08:08:34 PM »

Hello ladies, I could talk all day and night about hair and beauty. I used to own a beauty salon but meno made me give it up. Long story, but hey ho, things move on. I haven't read the whole thread but see on this page that chest skin is a problem. The chest, or décolleté as the marketing debts refer to it, is even more sensitive than the face. Always always always do to your chest what you're doing to your face. There's virtually no oil glands there and as we age, sun exposure and lack of skincare/spf means this area really suffers. If you're putting a face mask on, put it here, ditto exfoliators, moisturisers, serums etc. Go easy on exfoliators and toners on this area though. Put a face mask on the chest and sleep with it overnight, really helps.

Padine

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2019, 05:37:31 PM »

Hello KiltedCupid, thanks for that info! What a pity you had to give up your salon, I hope you're feeling better with things now  :bighug:

I smugly thought I was being successful with only a little visible aging skin - I've used an eye cream since I was 30 (30 years ago  :() and was always fastidious about cleansing/toning/moisturising but since I turned 50 and peri/meno since then, I can't be bothered much with the cleansing, as for a mask?? I tutor privately and when first retired from class teaching, I planned to have a monthly salon visit treat......................well, so much for that.

What are others' routines taking the grime of the day off before bed? And KiltedCupid, can you recommend a soap or foaming cleanser+water which won't dry the skin? My dry skin problem was solved by using Clarins Blue Orchid oil last year, now I won't be without it (tutor money used for that fund!)

Saw Gale Hayman products on QVC yesterday - is it worth all the money? Avon do a similar lipsalve for about £7 which I liked (the No 7 lip stuff does not work for me so I'm reluctant to move away from good old vaseline now!) I don't have the problem of dry lips when on holiday in the sun............but my wrinkly decollete is on show then - us women can never win!  :boobs: :oops:

Padine xx

KiltedCupid

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2019, 05:20:12 PM »

Hi Padine - I currently use the Superdrug Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser. It's a dupe of the Liz Earle cleanser which is a dupe of the Eve Lom cleanser!  It's often on a 3 for 2 and comes with a little muslin cloth. I honestly believe this is the best way to clean your face unless you have a serious skin condition which precludes this. It also easily removes mascara.

I can recommend budget and branded products so ask away!

Ladybt28

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2019, 06:33:03 PM »

Yep, Hot cloth cleanser - definite dupe for Liz Earle!  ;)
I know you check out QVC Padine from your posts - have a look at Prai neck and decollete cream - there is a night one now as well as the day cream and it is so popular it is coming ever bigger pots so good value and you can really plaster it on! "from under the bust to the back of the ears" is the quote they use!  I read somewhere that it is the best selling neck cream in the UK and some other countries.  Daily Mail, Cosmo, vogue, beauty bloggers all the big magazines have written about it and its not new been around for a while so tried and tested.  The Beauty Bible also rate it.  I think you may have just missed a TSV but I cant remember whether it was that or a Big Deal?  Kathy Kangas who runs Prai used to work for one of the really prestigious face cream people, almost as high up as the mega mega expensive La Crème de la mer at £200 a pot.  They use same ingredients some which are proven, although a lot of face cream ingredients arn't proven - retinol is proven and so is matrixol.  I think Prai has both. Definitely not that expensive against Gatineau, Decleor, Perricone or Elemis etc

Gale Hayman also been going 25 years but I haven't tried it as don't have a lip problem.  These things don't stay about unless they are good and as you know you can use 30 days and return - worth a go!

Have been trying Biotin as well as magnesium for a while but both seem to give me the runs??
xx

NuclearScientist

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2019, 09:33:37 PM »

I bought the Nordic Hair Volume Gummies in Holland and Barrett in an attempt to do something to improve my fine flat thin hair. I have been taking over a week. Like lovely sweets -if nothing else they are good for that. 

Focus

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2019, 10:25:05 AM »

Ahaaaaa...yes! I saw a customer last week and she mentioned that she had had to take someone to court and the stress had been awful...it had made her hair fall out. But she had been taking collagen for a while to try and help it grow back healthy. So I had a closer look at her skin and hair and it both looked amazing.

I got some collagen gummies from Holland & Barrett and have been taking them since the start of November. I'll report back in a month or six weeks to let you know how it's going.

I've also been taking evening primrose oil. I remember taking it for a good long stretch of time in my 30s I think, and I used to have customers commenting on how amazing my skin was.

I use the hot cloth method with whatever I'm using to take my MU off at night. First cleanse: micellar; second cleanse: creamy cleanser or balm, and hot cloth method.

I use something with salicylic acid as a moisturiser, as I have clogged pores. I've always had oily skin.

And I use castor oil on my eyelashes and eyebrows every night - sometimes during the day as well if I'm home or just not wearing any eye MU.

Masking, depends on if I feel like my skin feels dehydrated or in need of a deeper clean. I'll sometimes go for the deep clean and then a hydrating one after.

As I've gotten older I've become more and more interested in skincare and eating well for good skin. I think I took it all for granted when I was younger. But I realise now that I'm also lucky, I have inherited my mum's incredibly youthful looking skin.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8