Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Hair and Beauty 2  (Read 38670 times)

jaycee

Re: Hair and Beauty 2
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2019, 02:55:27 PM »

Padine, i have only used Boots no 7 foundation for years, but  i had someone call with Oriflame a few months ago, and she gave me some foundation to try, and i  love it, it goes on like silk, need very little,and although costs more than Boots i just get it when on offer,but i can guarantee the reviews about the Judith Williams cream is genuine,i get the retinol one,it is very gentle and hasn't caused any problems for me,i love it

Padine

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2019, 08:07:44 PM »

CLKD, I had to go to church this morning and was too stressed to worry about face and hair. When I got home and looked in the mirror  :sigh: what a sight I looked! Hair sticking out everywhere, spots now spread to most of face, going to put the Simple to the charity shop marked nearly new  Jaycee, I'm going to buy JW eventually but get myself sorted out. I washed my face (cleansing cream and muslin cloth) then put on Blue Orchid oil but my face feels hot and odd, I smell divine mind you  :cheer: Time for a big brown bag tomorrow perhaps!
                             Padine xx

Padine

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2019, 09:06:54 PM »

Don't know how I managed all the italics in last post, sorry!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2019, 09:09:33 PM »

Crocheting a bag as I type.   ;)

Don't put anything onto your skin except warm water!!  [listen to .....  :whist: ]  Let it do what Nature intended, that is to breath and shed scales daily.  After a month look at it with a magnifying mirror and see which areas, if any, require moisturising. 

I haven't used makeup for years++ as I can't be bothered to remove it at night.  I loved making up ........

I put stuff into the homeless food bank ..........

there is a box on the top row begins with a bold B  ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 01:49:03 PM by CLKD »

Padine

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2019, 03:32:53 PM »

Thanks CLKD, good advice will give it a go. Never wear makeup, just mascara and fill in eyebrows but cream overload is probably the culprit!
   Padine xx

AgathaC

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2019, 07:21:21 AM »

My daughter is 18. She wears lots of “proper make up”, not just a bit of blusher, lipstick and mascara like me. She uses primers, cleansers, scrubs, etc. Etc.  Recently her skin has not been great and do you know what has worked best? I hate to say it but CLKD's routine of a hot flannel twice a day! I made her take a break from all products and not use wipes, cleansers, toners etc.
I use sudocrem on spots (that's my go to for everything).
So, I wholeheartedly agree with CLKD's flannel and water comments.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 01:58:03 PM by AgathaC »

Sparrow

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2019, 08:13:19 AM »

That's what I do.  A hot flannel night and morning works very well and it opens up the pores as well.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2019, 01:48:46 PM »

Whoops -

Glad that your advice worked for your DD AgathaC.  We didn't have products in the 1950s etc.; Nivea cream, cuticura ointment in a green tin  :-\, Vaseline, Dettol  :-X.  Both Grannies had soft skin as they washed with water from the downpipe which ran through a silk stocking into a barrel.  Cameo hand soap.  Or that orange, hard soap  - name escapes me  ::)

AgathaC

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2019, 01:57:02 PM »

Wright's Coal Tar Soap?

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 02:28:21 PM »

:thankyou:  we make a Good Team  ;D

Padine

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2019, 10:26:44 PM »

Reporting back to CLKD-it's working! My forehead has calmed down and the Simple products are going to Charity shop marked “nearly new”.Found a No 7 BB tinted moisturiser, tried it but looked like an Oompah-Loompah - Eeeekk 😱 . Should wash my blusher brush too as it's .......well, in need of a good wash !
My hair is growing too now and I'm feeling happier with my appearance at last.
Incidentally, been taking high dose of biotin for a month now and my nails are seeing the benefits so I'd give that a go any ladies wanting stronger nails!
     Padine xx

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2019, 07:44:45 AM »

Tnx for the update!

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2019, 07:50:09 PM »

I wouldn't use a face pack these days - would probably laugh too much and it would crack  :D

Padine

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2019, 07:51:54 PM »

I've ordered the JW retinol serum as for £21, inc. P+P (with a £10 voucher from QVC enticing me back!) it's a bargain! I feel daft as I'm getting paranoid about wrinkles and I've never been a vain person. 
I rarely wear make up cos like you CK, I can't be bothered with the proper cleansing routine. I do like mascara and realised last week that since the menopause my eye lashes are almost reduced to nothing. Gradually they have become shorter and more sparse. For ages I haven't found a mascara that doesn't smudge and I've tried loads! Any ideas girls?
        Padine x

NuclearScientist

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2019, 11:15:04 AM »

I use Nivea soft on my face. Tried all the expensive brands and none compare to this it suits my skin. I use Aldi caviar cream on my neck.  It smells gorgeous. As for mascara try Ester Lauder it's good. You can buy little white buds to remove any smudges.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8