General Discussion > One Life, Live it, Celebrate it!

Hair and Beauty 2

<< < (2/22) > >>

Padine:
Jaycee, I think I will order some JW as I'm not sure how reliable the reviews are on QVC (could be all the presenters  :great: I didn't used to be cynical but the meno has changed me in many ways!!) That's interesting that Simple dried your skin jillydoll, I have developed little pimpley skin on my forehead in the last 2 days -Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! oh the trials of trying to look better!

Shady, thanks for the warning. I always have used SPF for as  long as I can remember and it amazes me how some brands (not always the cheaper ones either) do not have that. One plus with oily skin is few wrinkles! My hair is now drier so I get away with washing 3 times a week instead of everyday/2nd day.
                                              Padine x

CLKD:
Reminds me of having face packs in my teens, MinL and I shared one ........ it wouldn't set as we laughed so much  ;D.  It made my skin lovely though recent thoughts from demonologists is that as the skin sheds naturally, we should leave well alone.  Face peeling may well take off too much protection.

A good wash with flannel each morning should be enough.  I put soap on my hands, dip my flannel into soapy water and wipe face and neck.  Job Done.  I noted yesterday that the sides of my face are dry so I need to encourage myself to put on a moisturiser which will probably be sun protection lotion ........ I had a magnifying mirror for a Very Good Look for long hairs  :o and notes the dryness.

I love soaking my feet in hot soapy water.  Followed by a talc which I find soothing.  I have 'clearasil' face wash too .......... twice a week.  We use 'Nivea' too on legs and arms I also like 'vaseline' hand cream in the yellow bottle.

I vary my hair products - I love buying new shampoo  :D

Foxylady:
I had lots of skin issues since started peri, finally since around Feb I've been using Dermol 500 prescribed as a wash in the shower, twice daily. Now using Simple deoderant as Mitchum I had used for years as have hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) was causing me to have big, red irritating rings under my armpits. Just use water and occasionally Olay on my face.
I've been using Bumble & Bumble shampoo & conditioner (thickening) on my hair, have tried others to improve condition of my hair between peri & hypothyroid it hasn't been a pretty site.

CLKD:
As an aside - I read about a man who had injections to stop the sweat glands working under the arms  :o

Foxylady:
Yeh you can get botox for it! My under arms were never that bad, hands & feet much worse - ended up buying an expensive machine called iontophresis which I use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version