Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Severe upper back pain  (Read 1974 times)

Cfc1963

Severe upper back pain
« on: August 05, 2019, 05:56:08 PM »

I have been taking HRT patches - continuous combi - for 4 weeks now - two weeks ago I woke up with the most horrendous pain across my upper back - no position could give me relief from the pain - it felt like everything inside was being squashed & tight - once up and moving about the pain eased - just a niggly ache as if my bra's a bit tight.   Since then I have woken up after a few hours sleep in absolute agony in the same place and the only way to stop this is to get up - some nights I'm pacing the floor at 2/3 am.  Other symptoms is a feeling of bloating towards the end of the day. 

I'm getting distraught (docs today) as my father died from pancreatic cancer so as you can imagine I'm convinced that's what it is. 

I've been reading on here about other ladies with back pain & wondered if anyone was suffering the same on the patches or any HRT so that I can put my mind at rest???

AgathaC

Re: Severe upper back pain
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 04:03:45 PM »

Just wondering about your digestion. Any acid reflux problems?

Cfc1963

Re: Severe upper back pain
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 07:54:24 AM »

No nothing at all.

However - today is the third day I have not woken up in so much pain I'm reaching for the morphine.   I'm still going for my scan tho.   Saw dr yday about something else - but he thinks gallstones - menopause or possibly an inflammation of the lining of the rib cage - its definitely NOT pancreatic cancer which I diagnosed myself with!!!! Xxxx